2022 Mend and maintain-along

I need holes in my sweats! I love these mends.

2 Likes

Thanks! Yes, I did.

1 Like

These look great (as usual)! And suddenly I am realizing that TheMisterT has recently beholed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: a pair of sweats that he loves and I could actually do a cool mend like yours. Have you already explained it or linked somewhere that I could see?

3 Likes

I don’t think I’ve detailed the mend anywhere. I just cut a bit of another pair of sweatpants, big enough to cover the hole and extend past the weak areas. I pin that in place, then use an embroidery hoop to hold it all snug. I used stitches that I can work entirely from the top, because pulling the needle from inside a pair of tiny sweatpants wasn’t going to happen.

6 Likes

Oh no! I rediscovered one more mending pile while digging around in my craft room. Among them a flimsy but comfortable tencel top with some weird and not entirely successful mends. I think I know why it ended up forgotten in the bottom of the pile.

Ugh…

4 Likes

THANKS! I think I can manage this and it could be a good project for sitting on the sofa in the evenings.

2 Likes

I’m going for a easy win today. The hanger for this towel has been dead for a while. I’m unpicking the seam and going to sew a new ribbon in place.

7 Likes

I started mending the quilt we use on our bed (it’s 10+ years old now). It had a handful of little holes. Got done with those, put it back on the bed, then realized that there was a bigger hole up at the top and the edge is getting badly worn. sigh Guess there’s some serious mending in its future.

14 Likes

Those patches blend in perfectly! I love how quilts get prettier when they are old and worn and clearly loved.

I love the quilting pattern too, was it a wedding quilt?

2 Likes

I love how it’s more beautiful. I need more circular patches.

2 Likes

Thank you! I was trying to dig up scraps and threads that were similar in color.

It was an anniversary gift for my husband. It took me ages to quilt it by hand, but it was worth it.

3 Likes

So beautiful! I have some mending to do on a scrappy quilt of 2" squares. Circles & hearts are a lovely idea

2 Likes

Those patches look like they were meant to be there from the beginning!

1 Like

Gorgeous mend!

1 Like

Thanks!

Here’s round 2 with the quilt:

It now has a proper binding in a really dark blue batik, and the large series of holes near the top are covered with an even bigger patch.

13 Likes

I love everything about this project. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank you!

Oh my gosh, so gorgeous. I am agog.

1 Like

I didn’t have a horse like that, but I did have brown corduroy overalls like that!

1 Like