2022 Mend and maintain-along

Haha…awesome!

Ouch… I have one or two of those…

3 Likes

There were 2 crochet blankets that flipped corners at me when I read this prompt. Haha

3 Likes

Me too! So I’m tackling them. These are pillow cases, the fabric on the front side has worn through. I’m ripping the seams, will use the backing as the front and use some scraps from my stash as a new backing fabric.

6 Likes

I didn’t think to get a before pic but I just successfully reattached about 5” of the black cord on this chair with invisible thread and a tiny sewing needle (couldn’t find my curved needles). Pretty proud with how well it turned out

7 Likes

That’s great fabric! Nice save!

1 Like

Wow!!! Great job!!

1 Like

Nice work! I can’t tell where the mend is.

2 Likes

It’s a new month already. Sharing is caring. Hit me up with your favourite tutorials!

3 Likes

No instructions to share, I basically mangled the how to of several you tube videos. I’m practicing how to mend the daughter’s play clothes to make them last longer while hopefully not looking like a ragamuffin in public. We’re not there yet, but here’s my latest practice piece:

(It’s a heart.)

14 Likes

Adorable, & obviously a heart :smile:.

Might I also suggest reverse applique? It’s super cute too.

1 Like

Off to google “reverse applique” for ideas, thanks!
I also have to figure out how to mend my new, expensive to us, used ONE TIME screen house that got battered in the wind the other day and impaled itself on unfriendly yard furniture. BOOOOOOO! So bummed. As a “Use it up, wear it out” gal it was like my ONE nice thing around here lol Oh well, now it will match the rest, I suppose.

1 Like

There’s screen mending stuff that sticks on with the heat of a hairdryer!
Comes on the roll if it’s really messed up.
You could cut out cute shape so it looks like the patches are decorative, haha.

I like #3, the slash & stitch mend. Looks fancy.

2 Likes

There is a woman in another group I belong to that uses the reverse applique method to make beautiful clothing…she uses thrifted crocheted afghans and has them peeking through circles and cut-out of the clothing…

2 Likes

This sounds WONDERFUL

1 Like

I didn’t have the correct colour, so I went for visible but matching. Mom had some of the white colourway left, and I blended it with some linen thread that was close to the other colour. I think it looks ok!

8 Likes

Looks like a logo. of a secret society. :upside_down_face: Just make up an imaginary company name and if anyone asks, say "oh that’s xxxx)

3 Likes

It’s on the back, so a super secret logo!

3 Likes

The star pants were in need of another mend:

11 Likes

A terrible, terrible stitch job, but her knee is covered:

Well, as they say, “Practice makes better…”

9 Likes