2023 DeStash-Along

I made 91 flowers for a shawl…all from stash…didn’t even make a dent…this is what is left, not including a bag of colors I didn’t even use…not sure what to make next…ideas?

8 Likes

Blankets use up alot of stash.

The cats can all be different colours.

This one needs a base colour bit still a great stashbuster.

3 Likes

The flowers look great, you are cruising along and will have that shawl done in a heartbeat!

I bought the pattern for the Amazing Technicolor Dreamsweater by Stephen West, which could be great for scraps if you’re in the mood for another garment. He has a lot of other fun funky patterns too that could eat up your yarn if so desired lol.

1 Like

Wow! those are great!

I love the Double A Design Blanket…not sure I want to do anything for a bit that requires all the end weaving…not my favorite part…BUT, it does use a lot of solids, which is what these are!

@sheepBlue …I have admired that sweater for some time! I will have to finish the two I have going first…with tax season approaching quickly, I might just need a break and start my art doodling classes…I need quick fixes when I am stressed! lol

1 Like

I totally get that! I’ve been doing some hats and earwarmers to break up the bigger projects

2 Likes

Hey Stash-busters! There’s a new LC Challenge. A great excuse to use up stash supplies to make yourself something cheerful and bright.

2 Likes

this isn’t exactly a destash, but a moral victory: there was a reallllllly tempting estate sale last weekend. 4 sewing machines, a serger, loads of thread cones, and.so.much.fabric. Just a few miles from my house.

I didn’t go! I didn’t go on Saturday, and I didn’t go on Sunday, even though we were just a mile away.

of course, I DID go to a different garage sale on Friday and bought some craft supplies…

10 Likes

Impressive restraint!

5 Likes

I have slowly been gathering all of my stash from various locations in my house. I started with my yarn stash and found a lot of hooks and needles with projects that I am going through and deciding if I want to finish them, frog them, or just pass them on.

I am also making the decision to not have to use up something just because I have it…so, I went through my acrylic yarn (mostly leftovers from other people, stuff I don’t do anymore, etc). I pulled out about 15 different yarns and using three at a time, crocheted this huge basket. I managed to empty a purchased basket to re-use it for workout clothing in my closet. I am now down to one bin of acrylic yarn. I will sort through that and if future projects are not there, I am going to get rid of it.

Crochet basket in progress, purchased basket I was emptying, and bin of the remaining acrylic yarn:

Completed basket:

Close up. I used several shades of aqua, marine blue, purple, and grey. By using three strands held together, it blended the yarns and also made the basket very sturdy. I put it in the guest room to hold beach towels for our visitors.

15 Likes

Love the baskets! That’s a great way to use up yarn quickly I bet.

2 Likes

Not as much as I thought and it is really hard on my hands using a size N and pulling the thick strands through! I thought I would do another using up the greens, but I don’t really need another basket. So many other things I want to knit/crochet instead.

I did like how the colors come out unexpectedly when combined like that.

4 Likes

Yeah it’d have to be a tough thing to work up to get the structure like that. I just cut short a scarf I was working on because it was hurting my hands - at least it was knit in the round so I could abort and make it into another gift bag instead.

3 Likes

That’s fantastic!! The basket looks great, I love the colours mixing together.

1 Like

(how many greens have you got?? :eyes:)

1 Like

In acrylics worsted weight I have probably 10 different partial skeins. In DK, I probably have more…

2 Likes

I tried Linda but you only let me abscond with a couple tiny wee balls of green!

1 Like

mmm, green yarn… :green_heart:

1 Like

I probably couldn’t find it all…or else, it has grown since we last met! :grin:

1 Like

Finished a few more FOs from stash! Time for :musical_note:awkward hat modeling time :notes:

Also a would be scarf that turned into another gift bag because it hurt my hands too much to keep going (tiny pointy needles were killing my fingertips)

14 Likes

:heart_eyes: oh, wow.