2023 DeStash-Along

Wow! those are great!

I love the Double A Design Blanket…not sure I want to do anything for a bit that requires all the end weaving…not my favorite part…BUT, it does use a lot of solids, which is what these are!

@sheepBlue …I have admired that sweater for some time! I will have to finish the two I have going first…with tax season approaching quickly, I might just need a break and start my art doodling classes…I need quick fixes when I am stressed! lol

1 Like

I totally get that! I’ve been doing some hats and earwarmers to break up the bigger projects

2 Likes

Hey Stash-busters! There’s a new LC Challenge. A great excuse to use up stash supplies to make yourself something cheerful and bright.

2 Likes

this isn’t exactly a destash, but a moral victory: there was a reallllllly tempting estate sale last weekend. 4 sewing machines, a serger, loads of thread cones, and.so.much.fabric. Just a few miles from my house.

I didn’t go! I didn’t go on Saturday, and I didn’t go on Sunday, even though we were just a mile away.

of course, I DID go to a different garage sale on Friday and bought some craft supplies…

10 Likes

Impressive restraint!

5 Likes

I have slowly been gathering all of my stash from various locations in my house. I started with my yarn stash and found a lot of hooks and needles with projects that I am going through and deciding if I want to finish them, frog them, or just pass them on.

I am also making the decision to not have to use up something just because I have it…so, I went through my acrylic yarn (mostly leftovers from other people, stuff I don’t do anymore, etc). I pulled out about 15 different yarns and using three at a time, crocheted this huge basket. I managed to empty a purchased basket to re-use it for workout clothing in my closet. I am now down to one bin of acrylic yarn. I will sort through that and if future projects are not there, I am going to get rid of it.

Crochet basket in progress, purchased basket I was emptying, and bin of the remaining acrylic yarn:

Completed basket:

Close up. I used several shades of aqua, marine blue, purple, and grey. By using three strands held together, it blended the yarns and also made the basket very sturdy. I put it in the guest room to hold beach towels for our visitors.

15 Likes

Love the baskets! That’s a great way to use up yarn quickly I bet.

2 Likes

Not as much as I thought and it is really hard on my hands using a size N and pulling the thick strands through! I thought I would do another using up the greens, but I don’t really need another basket. So many other things I want to knit/crochet instead.

I did like how the colors come out unexpectedly when combined like that.

4 Likes

Yeah it’d have to be a tough thing to work up to get the structure like that. I just cut short a scarf I was working on because it was hurting my hands - at least it was knit in the round so I could abort and make it into another gift bag instead.

3 Likes

That’s fantastic!! The basket looks great, I love the colours mixing together.

1 Like

(how many greens have you got?? :eyes:)

1 Like

In acrylics worsted weight I have probably 10 different partial skeins. In DK, I probably have more…

2 Likes

I tried Linda but you only let me abscond with a couple tiny wee balls of green!

1 Like

mmm, green yarn… :green_heart:

1 Like

I probably couldn’t find it all…or else, it has grown since we last met! :grin:

1 Like

Finished a few more FOs from stash! Time for :musical_note:awkward hat modeling time :notes:

Also a would be scarf that turned into another gift bag because it hurt my hands too much to keep going (tiny pointy needles were killing my fingertips)

14 Likes

:heart_eyes: oh, wow.

Your colorwork is so even and neat! What yarn are you using to get such great stitch definition?

I tagged the Stare Hat you had on your list as a first try on doing a design on a hat…I want to use a good yarn to get good results.

I bet the inside of your hats are just as fabulous…that first one…wowza!

1 Like

I can tell you my floats are NOT perfectly uniform though I try to aspire to that lol. I’ll snap a pic of the inside tomorrow for funzies.

The yarn all came from knitpicks. The solids are all palette yarns, though the gray, black, and rainbow colors are all from the chroma line I think. And the accent color on the scarf turned bag is the Muse handpainted tonals. I can look up specific color names if anyone is curious.

Funny, the hats are all patterns for fingering weight yarn, but the few times I’ve tried to make them they always turn out too small. So these are fingering held double - it made for a bigger sloucher hat which is more my vibe anyway.

3 Likes

Em, those are STUNNING!

1 Like