Spring Is In The Air Challenge

:seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling:

Punxsutawney Phil may have predicted six more weeks of winter, but that doesn’t mean we have to accept his forecast. Why not use those 6 weeks to bring Spring to our lives through crafting?

:seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling: :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face: :seedling:

For this challenge, you are invited to create something inspired by warmer weather, budding trees, blooming flowers, and new growth. You may craft in any medium you choose, be it a new-to-you craft, or an old favorite. You may use materials from your stash, new supplies you purchased just for this event, or items found outside in nature!

Crafting Period: Six Weeks! February 8 - March 20, 2023, at midnight.

Inspiration:

The Rules:

• Your craft may be any medium that we have a category for here on Lettuce Craft.
  • Each member may only submit one entry, which cannot already be posted on its own thread.
  • Additionally, your entry may not be submitted for any other contest in this community.
  • All entries must be posted by midnight on Monday, March 20, midnight, your local time. (LC will timestamp your post.)

The winner of the Spring Is In the Air Challenge will receive a $20 Amazon gift card.

Additional Details:

• You should submit your entry by creating a project post on the correct Completed Projects sub-board for your medium. (Ie. a recipe on the Food & Drinks board)
  • You are REQUIRED to have a descriptive title and then include “- Spring Is In the Air Challenge Entry” (example: Jennie’s Floral Wreath - Spring Is In the Air Challenge Entry). Once you have posted your submission, you need to reply to this thread with a link to your post. If you do not do this, your entry will not be considered.
  • Voting will happen on March 21-27, 2023.
  • The winner will be announced on March 28 - we will contact you via Private Message, after the announcement.
  • If cheating of any sort is discovered, the applicable entry and votes will be disqualified.

If you have any questions, or want to chat about your crafting progress for this challenge, post it here! Let’s have fun! Happy crafting!

Entries

1. @AudiobookLover’s Wildflowers Wallet
  2. @Abbeeroad’s Scraps In Bloom
  3. @HelenR-H’s Woodland Primroses Woven Wrap
  4. @Bunny1kenobi’s Boho Leaf Earrings
  5. @Kwality570’s Gilbert Rabbit
  6. @Annchen’s Duck Baby Socks
Spring Is In the Air Challenge - Voting Poll!
  • Wildflower Wallet
  • Scraps in Bloom
  • Woodland Primroses Woven Wrap
  • Boho Leaf Earrings
  • Gilbert Rabbit
  • Duck Baby Socks

0 voters

12 Likes

Awesome! Can’t wait to see the spring-y goodness!!

1 Like

This is going to be a cheery one to watch! What fun!

1 Like

Fun way to see so many springy items. Love it.

1 Like

I will brainstorm a craft for this one! How fun. I’m very excited for spring, so this is dear to my heart.

2 Likes

This might be just the push I need to finally finish my bee collage! It’s this close :pinching_hand: to being finished.

1 Like

I’ve finished my entry! I’m hoping to get pics either this weekend or the start of next week and will post my entry soon! I decided not to use my bee collage, since the collage itself was already created prior to this contest (but I’m still going to get it finished soon!).

3 Likes

I started my entry last night. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve posted my entry!

2 Likes

Reminder! This challenge closes on Monday at midnight! If you have an entry in the works, be sure to post it soon. :honeybee: :tulip: :four_leaf_clover: :butterfly: :sun_with_face:

1 Like

AHH!! I’m working as fast as I can!!

1 Like

Phew! Made it.

2 Likes

I’ve one to add tomorrow. Hope it’s not too late.

Here you go

2 Likes

A small project, but I think they came out pretty cute.

3 Likes

All the awesome new entries have been added in!

1 Like

Whew! Just got this cute bunny done last night for the challenge:

1 Like

That makes 5 entries so far! Everyone has until midnight tonight to get any last minute submissions in. Tomorrow I’ll post a voting poll!

Here’s my entry:

3 Likes

It’s time to VOTE! Go to the first post in this thread to cast your vote for your favorite entry!

1 Like