2023 DeStash-Along

@tendstowardschaos That looks like four boxes of happiness, not a problem! Aren’t matching totes wonderful? (sigh… someday…)

Finally ran my April DeStash Stats: 5 sheets of Stickii Club stickers, 3 half sheets, 1 vinyl sticker (started a new journal, also technically from stash), 1 ink sample vial (2 ml), 19 dresses made (17 in my usual style, 2 using a purchased pattern) consuming just under 1 yard of fabric, and four fabrics have been reduced to the “too small for doll dresses” scrap basket. I bought 2 balls of yarn but those were finished within a week so that’s a stash neutral acquisition. But I got 16 new ink samples for my birthday, which did grow that particular stash niche a bit.

4 Likes

Your inventory management is amazing. Seriously, having ADHD, people with your skill look like wizards to me. :exploding_head:

As to my fiber stash, it looks like a big pile of stuff to do. :joy: Fun stuff, but, still… I have to find time to play with it.

I justified the totes because I needed a few to store clothes outgrown by one child and not big enough for the younger of the two…those don’t need to match or be airtight. So, I used the new ones for the fiber and the old ones (that my fiber previously occupied) for the clothes.

3 Likes

I’ve done a few all stash projects over the last few weeks. YEY!

Another Make-a-wish Matchbox
MatchBox02

Xmas cards
2023Xmas01|576x36950%

Random tags

Plate of Brownees

Underpants Pennant Bunting
UnderpantsPennantBunting02

Barkcloth throw pillow cover
CoralBarkCloth02|576x397.50%

Easter decoration update/upgrade

Gift bags

Cake topper
MomCakeTopper03

Little Oven box card

And some partly stash, too!

Life Preserver decoration: I had to get more air-dry clay, but only used the tiniest bit.

Dog Stool: Only the woven mat on top and the silicone adhesive/sealer were purchased
StepUp01

Update light fixtures:
Flush mount: Had glass shade and paint; bought used shade holder
Pendant: Had canopy, shade, paint, wire, collar, loops; bought socket and fitter

Where’s Wildo? Thought I would make faux leather shoes, bought the thinnest brown vinyl I could find and it didn’t work. Used it for the soles, though. Could’ve gone all stash had I painted the shoes in the first place as I had sole material on hand.

Embellishment Medallions: I bought the cool guy shark file
MinataMedallions01

Party hats: hats are purchased. All the papers and dies to decorate them were stash

Plethora of Piñatas: Bought some of the crepe paper (pronounced “creepy paper” like Nandor in What We Do In The Shadows TV series), all other paper and vessels from stash.
PlethoraOfPinatas01

WHEW! I am working on a mostly-stash project right now that I hope I wrap up before the weekend.

9 Likes

Look at you, power destasher!

Another mostly-stash project in the books! A grad banner requested by my SIL. There are clothespins under each grade for a photo from that year.

10 Likes

I finished the scrappy baby quilt. I had to buy sashing, backing, and binding, but I had a large enough piece of batting. Cleared out a box of baby quilt/toy trimmings gathered over the last 7 years or so and used up a small piece of batting. Win. I also bought just enough fabric for the extras.
The crinkly sensory cloth and the ninnis were all from stash as well.

6 Likes

I got rid of most of my blue cotton yarn!

I managed to get four matching ones in the size I wanted…but, I had to frog the first one I did to achieve this…here they are and what is leftover for my scrap yarn bin!

10 Likes

Excellent!

2 Likes

Nice design, the gold and blue work well.

1 Like

Thank you. It’s actually lime green…I wanted something to brighten up the denim blue. These will be used outdoors.

1 Like

Those look great! love the pop of color for interest.

I finally knit up a lacy summer top using a bunch of scrap fingering weight yarns that I overdyed black. Funny, I thought the yarns achieved a pretty close tone so you wouldn’t really notice that there’s definitely different yarns, but once I was done and held it up to some actual sun light…uh…yeah you can tell LOL. I don’t think I care though. It’s all generally dark so :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

The urge to pick up bookbinding again is super strong this month for some reason. I’m just hoping I have enough decade-old leftover supplies in stash to scratch this itch before I do something rash.

5 Likes

Recycling works great! Brown paper bags are my fave.

I’m doing a bookbinding course online…mostly to learn how to do more complex binding stitches…but, I have challenged myself to use only what I have on hand…

So, I am cutting up an old, unused handbag for a cover and making paper fabric over cardboard…I just hope I have enough waxed cord or at least a candle and some spare spools of perle cotton!

You can do it!

3 Likes

Unscented dental floss can also work in a pinch. I’ve also used wax on crochet thread when I wanted colors. (Don’t try it with embroidery floss - it’s not worth it)

I did a lot of bookbinding back in the day but haven’t really touched it since around 2010, 2012 (?)

And what course are you taking? I’m mostly interested in case binding, but I could use a general refresher.

3 Likes

I have loads of dental floss left over from my stockpile during the pandemic!! Thanks for that!

I am taking the handmade book club little library 5 day challenge…it is free to me because I am a member, but I think there might be a special on it…it came into my FB feed…

3 Likes

$15 for the random googler; not too bad. (But I am sad that it’s 5 days but only 3 books!)

2 Likes

Hmmm, used up a skein and a half for a shawl… had to buy another skein to finish it :upside_down_face: at least I should be down to less than a skein net.

3 Likes

I am also making a shawl and so far, it looks like I might have to buy more as well…it might turn out to be a neck scarf instead… :grin:

2 Likes

I’m still making crochet baskets. I’m down to a lot of acrylic, having used up most of my “I think it’s wool or a wool blend” yarn. And of course into brighter colors. I am not liking the green and yellow basket that is 3/4 done, but someone will…I hope.

A Tisket A Tasket

A-tisket a-tasket
A green and yellow basket
I wrote a letter to my love
And on the way I dropped it

I dropped it, I dropped it
Yes, on the way I dropped it
A little girlie picked it up
And took it to the market

She was truckin’ on down the avenue
Without a single thing to do
She was peck, peck, peckin’ all around