Scrappy baby quilt - a donation

I discovered a tray of trimmings from 5 baby quilts and some other kids items fron the last 7 years. I quickly stitched them up into 8.5 inch blocks. I had to purchase the sashing, backing and binding fabrics, but I did have enough batting…barely.
I reached out to my laps of love group who sends lap quilts to our aging and disabled womyn asking for a home for a baby quilt. Someone’s granddaughter was having her 2nd baby and her first child was only 1 year old! Perfect!
I finished up the quilt, made a crinkly sensory cloth, and a couple of ninnis. The grandma in me came out.
Sending out on Monday. Another stash buster finished.

30 Likes

This is such a lovely gift! I adore all the wonderful colours & pattern. Very sweet of you.

The quilt is just perfect - what a wonderful gift! The Ninnies are adorable - they are going to be loved to pieces (probably literally and figuratively.)

2 Likes

Very pretty! Love that it was a gift.

1 Like

You are a wonderful human. And this quilt is gorgeous. Xx

1 Like

What a lovely little scrappy wonder!

1 Like

Ooh, the back is such a fun and unexpected whimsical touch! The little monsters came out really cute. This is such a sweet gift!

1 Like

Beautiful work! I love that binding and the associated accessories. Just a wonderful thing to donate. I am sure it will be loved.

1 Like

Adorable and thoughtful :heart: Truly a wonderful gift. I love the scrappy blocks. It looks incredibly well thought out and constructed. I imagine a baby would be so cozy wrapped in it and it would make an excellent “tummy time” blanket.

1 Like

This is everything a baby quilt should be! Cute, cheerful, made with scraps and a lot of love and care!

1 Like

How beautiful and what a great donation! I’m sure it (and the toys) will be very well loved! It’s great that you did purple and green on both of the ninnis! Absolutely adorable.

1 Like

Ninnis! :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

I needed something quick, easy, and cute! So Ninnis.

2 Likes

That looks amazing - lucky baby! I am always amazed when people manage to have coordinating scraps. Mine are such a mish-mash.

2 Likes

This was 5 different quilts and some kids toy scraps. Over a 7 year span. They were just all kid or bright colors. Hardly coordinating. That’s the thing about scraps, they somehow all go together!

1 Like

:heart: :thread: :scissors: Congratulations! Your scraptastic Baby Quilt is a Featured Project this week! :scissors: :thread: :heart:

2 Likes

Wheee! Thank you.

1 Like

Adorable! This would be a fab quilt-as-you-go project as well.

1 Like

I love the colors of this. It feels so fresh and clean. Also, ninnis!!! How fantastic!!!

1 Like

Love it when scraps work so well together! Beautiful job and the back is gorgeous too. Ninnis are a thoughtful addition!

What did you use for the crinkly bits?

1 Like