2023 DeStash-Along

It has a really nice texture to it.

2 Likes

Yes–it really does! I am trying to learn more crochet stitches…I really loved the moss stitch you used and am making another project using it.

3 Likes

Been a while since I did an update:

I knitted a mesh style top with a bunch of scrap yarn I dyed black. Hilariously I thought they were all pretty close in tone but in bright light you can tell when I went from one yarn to another. But I don’t care - I wore it to work today and no one noticed or at least didn’t comment on that. I thought being so hole-y it’d be a bit cooler than it ended up being - it’s all mostly wool yarns. I think I’ll do something similar again with an actually seasonally appropriate yarn. This will be good for a transitional sweater or something on a cool summer day.

I also finished a shawl that used up the last of my fingering weight scraps!! I am shocked that I got to the point where I have none left. It’s pretty rad. And will take no time to replace lol.

Also finished another shawl that used up a skein and a half from stash…and half of a new skein I had to buy to finish it (hah). I still need to get better pictures, as I added tassels that aren’t pictured here.

12 Likes

Way to go on the scrap-busting, @sheepBlue! All of your knits are lovely!

I had some I Love This Cotton in my stash - I was contemplating an afghan, wanted to try a few different yarns first. I managed to use up about 140g of the two skeins making two of these poufs. I did not care for how much fuzz came off this yarn as I stitched, but I’ll probably use up the rest of the yarn making a third.

6 Likes

Maybe if you really wanted to, would you be able to re-dye it all one color? I’m not sure about doing that after the fact. It’s looks lovely, though. Pair it with a hot pink skirt!

I’m happy to report a finished object all from stash! Finally!

10 Likes

Your pup looks adorable in her new threads!

1 Like

These are beautiful.

1 Like

Yay so cute!

1 Like

Thank you! These and a couple other rosaries were donated to my church’s fundraiser this Spring.

3 Likes

Awww! Sweet baby in a sweet little sweater!

1 Like

I am underlining my embargo on craft supplies by also declaring a “No-Buy July” so hopefully that means I’ll have more posts of languishing stash supplies transformed into their new lives.

We’ll see!

8 Likes

Ughhhh I should also not buy any more yarn. But I want to replace the mesh top with some cotton/linen yarn (or something along those lines) while it’s still seasonally appropriate. Not sure if that’s going to happen…

2 Likes

Destashed this frame by painting it. All the paper except the painted ticket was stash, too!

Felt so good after a series of projects that required buying new materials as a significant part of the projects.

11 Likes

July

Imgur

Color: Orange

Pattern: Scrappy

For: Travel

Challenge: Do you have any craft books on your shelves that you haven’t tried out yet? Perhaps it’s a binder full of patterns. Dust one off and give it a try!

Bonus Challenge: We’ve finished a half year of DeStashing at this point. How are those goals looking? For those who were hoping to reduce the size or volume of their stash, can you see any differences?

6 Likes

First project of July in the bag! Another pair of quarter-us-letter size continuing to use up the same decorative paper pack as the three previous. Brown on brown this time, with Kraft cardstock endpapers.

10 Likes

Elegant and chic!

Very pretty!

I’m wrestling with the knowledge that just because I have an idea for how to use a supply AND have the supply doesnt mean I have the true desire to make the thing or the time to do it. The one supply I can’t control the reduction of is time- it goes at its own pace regardless of how I use it.
So maybe this little inner monologue/struggle will lead to some rehoming of stuff I could use but probably won’t or won’t want to.

5 Likes

There you go. That was the biggest revelation for me & I know it was a big one for Linda too, and I’m sure many others here.
You get to a point where you start to feel like you owe it to the supplies to do things with them & obligation is not fun & satisfying, inspiration is!
Release yourself from obligation! Make Crafting Fun Again!

4 Likes