2023 DeStash-Along

These are beautiful.

1 Like

Yay so cute!

1 Like

Thank you! These and a couple other rosaries were donated to my church’s fundraiser this Spring.

3 Likes

Awww! Sweet baby in a sweet little sweater!

1 Like

I am underlining my embargo on craft supplies by also declaring a “No-Buy July” so hopefully that means I’ll have more posts of languishing stash supplies transformed into their new lives.

We’ll see!

8 Likes

Ughhhh I should also not buy any more yarn. But I want to replace the mesh top with some cotton/linen yarn (or something along those lines) while it’s still seasonally appropriate. Not sure if that’s going to happen…

2 Likes

Destashed this frame by painting it. All the paper except the painted ticket was stash, too!

Felt so good after a series of projects that required buying new materials as a significant part of the projects.

11 Likes

July

Imgur

Color: Orange

Pattern: Scrappy

For: Travel

Challenge: Do you have any craft books on your shelves that you haven’t tried out yet? Perhaps it’s a binder full of patterns. Dust one off and give it a try!

Bonus Challenge: We’ve finished a half year of DeStashing at this point. How are those goals looking? For those who were hoping to reduce the size or volume of their stash, can you see any differences?

6 Likes

First project of July in the bag! Another pair of quarter-us-letter size continuing to use up the same decorative paper pack as the three previous. Brown on brown this time, with Kraft cardstock endpapers.

10 Likes

Elegant and chic!

Very pretty!

I’m wrestling with the knowledge that just because I have an idea for how to use a supply AND have the supply doesnt mean I have the true desire to make the thing or the time to do it. The one supply I can’t control the reduction of is time- it goes at its own pace regardless of how I use it.
So maybe this little inner monologue/struggle will lead to some rehoming of stuff I could use but probably won’t or won’t want to.

5 Likes

There you go. That was the biggest revelation for me & I know it was a big one for Linda too, and I’m sure many others here.
You get to a point where you start to feel like you owe it to the supplies to do things with them & obligation is not fun & satisfying, inspiration is!
Release yourself from obligation! Make Crafting Fun Again!

4 Likes

MCFA should be on a tote bag- not that any of us NEEEEEDS another tote! lol!

I’ve pretty well mastered the art of not buying/accumulating more supplies mindlessly, now I need to work on acceptance of the usefulness of what is here already. I have a struggle with just letting things go because my craft budget has basically been vetoed by life and there’s that tight-fisted grip feeling of “just in case.”

But this, too, will (should) pass so moving the supplies is still a good idea.

2 Likes

Lotsa throw pillow covers made almost entirely from stash! Only purchases were zippers.

Iris01

I have a few more in the pipeline to be done in the next day or two, as well. WOO!

9 Likes

Stash was used this week but I can’t share yet :laughing: By the end of the month my pretties…

Also, been horrible about not buying new yarn…but I am working with the bought yarn right away. I’m trying cotton blends for the first time, since I’m determined to make some sort of knit top I won’t absolutely melt in during the summer. Right now it’s Cotlin, a cotton/linen blend from Knitpicks. It’s ok to work with so far, but I also got their cotton/modal blend (Shiny sport) which feels nicer to the touch and I think I’ll prefer that just based on how it feels in the hand. We’ll see.

4 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

They’re all so pretty! You’re going to have the plushest sofa in town.

1 Like

Thanks! I’m looking at the crochet you did at the other end of the sofa right now!

2 Likes

I struggle with letting go of things, too. I feel like I’m throwing away money if I get rid of it, whether it’s re-homed or trashed. Also, I worry that I decide find I need it later, and then have to purchase again.

4 Likes