2023 DeStash-Along

Good point. I worked from left to right, maybe I was making better choices as I got into the flow.

I’ve been working on value and contrast and scale, but haven’t internalized it yet; I still have to think about every decision. With more practice, I hope it gets more instinctive.

5 Likes

that might be good; cutting it up would disturb the extreme stripiness.
I just saw a video where they cut the striped patchwork diagonally and inserted sashing, that might help this, too.

2 Likes

I love how adventurous you have been with your projects…just jumping in and seeing where it takes you. Also, anything can be “fixable” and you will eventually find a solution to make something even if it was not what you originally planned.

I like the idea of putting things together, re-arranging and seeing what else can be done…I hope to be braver in 2023 and do that as well…better to try than to just have all those fabrics wasting away in a plastic storage bin!

Diagonal patchwork sounds intriguing!!!

2 Likes

much better to use them than to imagine how great my estate sale will be…

Sorry, folks, no, I do not have a date set for the estate sale. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

lol same…I do not want my survivors to hate me…

3 Likes

I don’t want my survivors to throw it all away. My stash ain’t trash!

5 Likes

My mom’s kinda hoardery, I can’t do that to my kids. I’m feeling a bit better today, going to work in the basement. I have got to get things under control this year.

4 Likes

Same…but I have nephews who don’t give a hoot about crafts, unless it is beer… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I like to think that whoever handles my estate sale will be delightfully baffled by certain of my things. Fake fantasy apothecary? Foreign toothepaste collection? All that BIgfoot stuff? But also two sets of old kinda fancy china and monogramed linen towels and doilies from early 20th century. Who was this weird old lady?

9 Likes

Oh, ya, my stuff is pretty awesome. But the stuff stuff? Oh, man…

I love your toothpaste collection.

1 Like

I love scrolling through estate sale pictures. Kind of morbid, but it’s interesting to see other people’s collections. People are delightfully odd.

3 Likes

For those of you who like to use up every last inch of yarn…

6 Likes

Thanks! I am looking for patterns to use up small balls of acrylic yarns left over from blankets…I have one to make hundreds of flowers to make a shawl and I also like this one!

2 Likes

That is super cute!

falls down a knit/crochet bunting rabbit hole

5 Likes

I unbookmarked that bunting! It’s so beautiful & so tempting but what would I ever do with it? I had to check the urge. It was hard.

First layer of a tall box. Some of this is really special but more than treasures, I need space.

5 Likes

I can’t look into that box…no no…

2 Likes

that’s how I felt, too. Must…scroll…past…

1 Like

More.

Look away…

In the bin it goes!

5 Likes

hmm. I wonder what’s happening on City-Data, haven’t checked in there for a while. Never any tempting pictures…

1 Like

Buh-bye!

5 Likes