2023 DeStash-Along

That’s always been my method. :clap:

1 Like

Ooh, now there’s an idea. At the moment my fabric inventory is just a brief description of the print, what drawer/bin it is in, and its weight as an easy short-hand for yardage.

2 Likes

…And one more yarn scraps stash buster. Perfect for Valentine’s Day.

3 Likes

Half the Livingroom is filled up with stuff to go! The organizer of a local craft group is coming by to take whatever she can use at her facility and the rest is going - going - GONE! I have nothing worth showing yet, it’s still OMG a horrible mess. But I can at least see my stash to get started on the scrappy swap items I have planned. Amazing, how motivating it is to have less to work with. The choice paralysis is lifting, feels so liberating.

8 Likes

That’s amazing, and great that it can go to another craft group for a new life. And heck yes to less craft paralysis.

4 Likes

I used up a lot of baby yarn & have 30 baby blankets ready to leave the house! Most were made last year or this month, a few were in my box of finished things.

11 Likes

Wow! So pretty all together…what a feat! Do you donate them or are all of your friends have babies?

2 Likes

Thanks! They’ll be donated to a group that makes keepsake/memory boxes for people who’ve lost a baby during pregnancy or infancy.

2 Likes

Wow Jamie, such a generous stack of love there. Go, you!

I finally sent off the apron I made for @curiousfae out of her favourite fabric, lol. Now that it’s arrived, behold the frilly ridiculousness!

Only 4 or so yards of that stuff left. What to make next… what to make… hmm…

10 Likes

So frilly! love all the ruffles!

I had a blue gingham check bathing suit when I was a teenager…maybe some sort of poncho type cover up? ha ha

2 Likes

It’s beautifully made. It’s literally perfect. I plan to get an action shot to share here.

5 Likes

I can’t tell you how much I lurrvve this, it’s awesome!! so pink! so frilly!

Do you have a link to the pattern? (I’m not normally a frill wearer, but I love ridiculous aprons)

1 Like

I will send it to you! I never cut a commercial pattern up so it’s still complete.

1 Like

Oh you are too generous!! Thank you my friend :heart:

1 Like

New month, New Prompts!

February
Imgur

Color: Red or Pink
Pattern: dots, spots, and circles
For: a loved one
Challenge: Is there a supply that you love so much that you can’t bring yourself to actually use? This is the month! Make something super special to showcase how wonderful that supply is and be sure to tell us its origin story and what you like so much about it.

9 Likes

Ok - time for the January Stats Reckoning!

I only sewed 10 doll dresses, and most were really small, making my total for fabric is around 13 inches of 44" wide quilting cotton.

I also knit a doll sweater for one of my larger dolls, but it still needs to get the ends woven in and blocked. I’ve lost the belly bands and I used two different kinds of yarn so I can’t do yardage by weight, but it’s at least something!

Have I managed to take pictures of most of these? Of course not! Maybe this weekend.

On the Stationery front I used up two 2oz sample vials of ink and a plain blue cartridge. I emptied 6 sheets of stickers, used about 30 sticker flakes (only finished one package though), and more washi tape than I care to figure out.

At this rate it’s going to take a decade to put a noticeable dent in my stash, but such is life. I did succeed in not adding anything to my stash, so that’s one month down on my no-buy, 11+ more to go!

8 Likes

Finished another item from stash - with more of the yellow yarn! The Thicket Headband

The first picture is a work in progress but shows off the pattern well. And 2nd picture is finished. I ended up lining it with some fleece for extra warmth.

9 Likes

I love it! It looks super cozy and rustic.

1 Like

@sheepBlue You look so great in that color! Super flattering piece!

The fabric and pink ribbon were purchased for this, but I’m counting it towards some stash busting as it made a nice dent in my fiberfill stash! Used some old buttons, too.

KittyCaddy01

7 Likes

It looks great on you!

1 Like