2023 DeStash-Along

@sheepblue–beautiful stash busting…and now, even more practical against the cold!

@TheMistressT – love this project…and , like you, I discovered how much polyfil these critters use up! I was happy to use up some of my stash as well!

2 Likes

Super cute cat! I love the embellishments that go with it.

2 Likes

Thanks, youse two!

1 Like

Oh, good grief…while trying to whittle down my yarn scraps, I found three skeins of eyelash yarn that I must have misplaced in one of the bins!

@photojenn … I might need that hedgehog pattern to use it up!!! lol

3 Likes

Here you go! It was really easy to do once you stop trying to see what you’re crocheting when doing the body and just put your hook wherever it wants to go :joy:

2 Likes

I might have to crochet 50 of them…maybe I will just put them in the archival stash for generations ahead to wonder what in the world this was used for…Did I send you a whole skein? I can’t figure out why I have so many partially used yarn of this plus two not open at all…what in the world was I going to make? lol :thinking:

3 Likes

Just a partial skein, although I still have a bunch of it left. I could probably make a few more hedgehogs too.

1 Like

I also found some interesting looking boot toppers made with this yarn…looks like fur!

1 Like

All stash AND all leaving my house next week! WOO!

CookieTins2023-03

10 Likes

Very pretty! Love the layering! What do you use to stick to the metal tins?

1 Like

Thank you! I used Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Collage Medium - the one that comes in the bottle with the tiny spout.

2 Likes

Another all stash project… WOO! Also a 10.5-month-old WIP… WOO WOO!

7 Likes

Ahoy, Stash Busters! There’s a new badge for the makers with the mostest!

Lettuce Craft has six distinct categories for crafting and some of our most adventurous crafters have journeyed onto all of these boards. They are our Crafty Chameleons!

If you have posted 3 or more projects to each of the crafting categories:
Art
Home & Garden
Fashion & Wearables
Fiber & Textiles
Food & Drink
Paper & Vinyl Crafts

Send a message to @ moderators along with the links to your projects to claim your badge and have it activated!

4 Likes

That pillow is epic! Love the frills and skellies :purple_heart:

1 Like

Aw, thanks!

1 Like

I love it when you take an already extraordinary piece and make it into something even more extravagant! This is over the top with luscious fabrics and trims…and ruffles galore!

1 Like

You’re so sweet to say this! I will say I did a much better job sewing the pillow cover than stitching the cross stitch with is riddled with booboos!

2 Likes

I made 91 flowers for a shawl…all from stash…didn’t even make a dent…this is what is left, not including a bag of colors I didn’t even use…not sure what to make next…ideas?

8 Likes

Blankets use up alot of stash.

The cats can all be different colours.

This one needs a base colour bit still a great stashbuster.

3 Likes

The flowers look great, you are cruising along and will have that shawl done in a heartbeat!

I bought the pattern for the Amazing Technicolor Dreamsweater by Stephen West, which could be great for scraps if you’re in the mood for another garment. He has a lot of other fun funky patterns too that could eat up your yarn if so desired lol.

1 Like