2024 DeStash Along

Made 2 different Musselburgh dupe hats from stash yarn. The first one didn’t turn out long enough to fold over for a brim, but then I decided it’s ok without it. I think I’ve finally been able to make some hats that will keep my ears warm when winter bites hard.

15 Likes

Nice! I love the colour combination of the second hat, I would never have put those two colours together but it looks great.

1 Like

Cute!

interesting idea!
I do like the idea of a “partial skeins” bin or basket, as I tend to feel obligated to put those partials back in the bin they came from, but honestly for the next project, I would start with the full skein so as not to have to join yarn right away! So the partials tend to just sit & sit
(I have my wool stash organized by yarn weight, from fingering up to super bulky, then the acrylic lives on one bookshelf and the cotton on another)
and I seem to keep adding a few skeins at a time, so things are getting way too crowded up in the bonus/ craft room!
On a positive note, I did pick out some yarn I’m ready to let go of & posted it on one of my Rav groups, and someone is paying me the postage to mail it to her. Now I’ve just gotta knit faster or repeat the process of sending it on to a new home~

2 Likes

I have a big candy jar on my yarn cabinet where i keep small balls of remnant yarns/partial skeins. It makes them look like gumballs or candy. I love it.
Right now it’s just full of my greens and browns- my frog yarns. :slight_smile: i gave all tbe fun colors to the school.

4 Likes

Making slow progress on the stash. I’ve been concentrating on using up scrappy bits and ended up with 4 small dresses out of this oddly cut cloth.

12 Likes

Nice! Using up those little odd-shaped bits and pieces is a lot more challenging than using up big pieces of fabric, so I think you should get bonus points for that!

3 Likes

The weekend is coming! What in your stash is calling to you?

4 Likes

I made a vest for a friend out of some spectacular stash fabrics.

Had to buy a pattern, though, because I didn’t want to dink around drafting one. I’ve been kind of wanting a vest lately, so more might be on the way. I have an embroidered drapery panel…

7 Likes

I’m going to start stitching for the Prairie Schooler Spring / Summer Swap - Sign-ups CLOSED, Send-out April 20 I hope to get everything from stash, fabric, thread, pattern.

I’ve finished four socks from stash yarn over the last 2 weeks. I had wanted to donate both pairs to the fundraiser, but I experienced thread break in all of this yarn. I used for skeins in two colours from the same brand, that I probably bought at the same time, I’ve used other skeins from this brand in the past and I didn’t have these issues. They’ve been in my stash for a long, long time, maybe it was just age. But now I still don’t have socks to donate, and two more pairs for myself :laughing: I really must stop knitting socks.

3 Likes

Send some of your sock motivation my way lol I still only have one of 4 socks made from what I started last year!

4 Likes

I was going great guns with my sock project, but then as usual I mis-measured the foot before starting the toe and I just don’t have the motivation to rip it back. Pulling out the work isn’t the issue, it’s getting it back on the needles correctly.

5 Likes

Can you use lifelines? I use a thread and needle about two rows below were I need to undo to hold the stitches…frog down to just above that point then start putting the stitches on your needles…if you drop one or two, you can catch it and fix it a lot easier and the thread/yarn will keep it from unraveling.

6 Likes

Using up small balls of worsted. I will probably never knit something like this again…or maybe I will haha. It has taken forever to get through the one mitt, though I’ve been making up the patterns as I go along. The 2nd should go quicker since I’m just following what I did before.

16 Likes

Ok that is epic. What great choices!

2 Likes

Sorry. My head just exploded. Lol.

7 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

I love you Abbie.

2 Likes

Wow :heart_eyes: It’s absolutely stunning.

How many rows do you have to frog? If it’s not that much, sometimes I knit backwards. It’s a bit slower than knitting forwards, but I can do it pretty fast now, I make lots of mistakes :laughing: but at least all the stitches remain on the needle all the time.

2 Likes

I didn’t know that is what it was called! I do that a lot, too…I am too afraid to slip the needles off and unravel if there aren’t too many stitches…and especially if there is some sort of pattern or lace!

2 Likes