2024 Year-Long-Along

Are you doing a year-long project for 2024? Join us! Whether it’s a daily tracker, some kind of meditative regular arting practice, or something else I haven’t thought of, post your plans and progress here so we can ooh and aah (and commiserate when you have to use the same color for days on end).

This is a no-pressure/obligation craftalong. If you want accountability, we can totally help with that, but there’s zero judgement if you announce grand plans and then accomplish none of it. We’ve all been there.

If you’ve already got ideas, post away. Otherwise, see you back here in 2024!

11 Likes

First! :laughing: I’m planning to do a super low-key daily temperature tracker on a piece of graph paper in my junk journal. I say daily – I’ll track the temperature each day but probably do the coloring in maybe once a week or so.

6 Likes

I’d like to work on one or some of these stitchy meditation scrolls.

6 Likes

I’m not doing a daily quilt this year.

But I am commiting to a 100 % from stash “blue and _____” quilt each month. How I will select the extra colour (or colours tbd)

4 Likes

I want to do something, but Im not really sure what.

But I tag along and cheer on you and maybe get some inspiration to start!

1 Like

1 Like

Orange!

What color blue? Primary? Indigo? Pastel? Teal? Warm blue? Cool blue? Any/all of the above?

My first thought was indigo and magenta. My other thought is more blue, shades of blue.

1 Like

Since she is making a scrappy quilt featuring blue, I assumed it was all shades of blue already. The second color would probably also be all types in the color family?

2 Likes

Ah good call. I didn’t realize it was a scrappy quilt but probably should have :slight_smile:

Orange is a good choice but analogous could also be fun so greens or purples.

My vote is apparently “it depends” :joy:

I’ll throw magenta into the purple family and cast purple as my official vote.

3 Likes

Open a voting poll!

I also vote for orange tho…

1 Like

I don’t know how. :person_facepalming:

I love purple and blues together!

green!

Team Purple here!

I vote for purple, too!

I’m going to be doing an embroidered tote bag. I just want something whimsical and random, and stitching a flower/leaf/etc. a day is manageable. I cut two panels and gathered a thread palette today.

7 Likes

Yeah, I’m currently procrastinating setting a palette :laughing:.

2 Likes

Cream!

January 1st

5 Likes

Prep work done!

I’ll probably log the first batch this weekend.

5 Likes