4x6 Art Swap Round 2 - Gallery

That is such a neat peice!

That is so cool @Smmarrt!! I love the dimension from the sewing and buttons, and the beautiful greens!

Thanks all - it is alcohol ink on deli paper. The sparkly bits are an ink called “Rainbow” from Marabu.
The deli paper was decoupaged onto fabric to make fabric paper.

2 Likes

Love all the different media in this one!

Love that bright, colorful dragonfly, @Reinikka.

I received from the super talented @Kwality570. Her monsters are amazing. His name Lionel

7 Likes

He’s wonderful @Kwality570!! I love the expression on his face and the fab background!

I love this great variety so far!

@Smmarrt I love that piece! The message is perect :slight_smile:

@Kwality570 I adore your monsters :orange_heart: Lionel looks so friendly!

2 Likes

@Lynx your artwork arrived today! I’m hoping for no rain and decent light for photos tomorrow, but I wanted you to know it’s here!

2 Likes

Can I be mad that something mailed WEEKS after magnets got to you first?? What’s going on with your postal service? :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s so weird! I tried to check the tracking for the magnets and it doesn’t look like the fun time when the swedish postal system held a package hostage at least… But who knows? Maybe it took a slow boat here.

1 Like

After a leisurely two week journey, my piece arrived! From @geekgirl.

Based on a video by Gerda Van Dijk. The gang on the Paper and Mixed Media Craft-along have been Zooming and creating together, following different YouTube artists and their page techniques. I need to try this!

I knew who my partner was when I saw the envelope!

Thanks so much!

7 Likes

What a gorgeous piece of art from @geekgirl! I love the colors and the patterns are so interesting to look at.

1 Like

Sorry about the dark picture! Fair weather days aren’t happening and I don’t want to wait any longer before showing off what @Lynx sent me. It’s a zentangled hummingburd picture she made. It’s printed and then colored in. Such a fun idea! It was a nice touch to finish the edges with washi tape. The art I sent wasn’t as nicely finished…

It’s currently living in my craft room, brightening up my IKEA pegboard :slight_smile:

Thank you so much!

3 Likes

You’re welcome! Here’s a picture I took:

I struggle with lighting at my house, too, so I understand.

3 Likes

I got this amazing collage from @PrincessP. I love the coloring and it’s done so neatly. Absolutely phenomenal! I have a piece of mushroom artwork in my kitchen that this is going to be put up next to. I just need to rearrange a little first.
We also agreed to do a person al swap for one of her LC patches so she sent that along. It’s been a crazy month so far with two of my cats requiring vet assistance, but I will get my half of the swap to you soon! Sorry it’s taking so long and thank you for such an amazing art piece!

6 Likes

Lovely pieces everyone!!

@geekgirl your artwork is fabulous,I love the colour choices and all the intricate textures!

@Lynx your hummingbird is beautiful! Wonderfully colourful and energetic!

@PrincessP that fungi collage is gorgeous! The depth you achieve in the colours and layers is great!

I got my lovely artwork from @Annchen today! :smile: It’s in oil pastel and so vibrant and happy! She also sent a cool little art postcard.

It goes really well with the blue wall and other bright swap treasures from lettuce friends in my studio.

Thank you so much!

4 Likes

I’ve been lax in responding.

@Reinikka - I love all the colors!
@Smmarrt - I love the monochromatic look and I adore those leaves with the buttons.
@kwality570 - Lionel is super cute.
@Lynx - nice hummingbird!
@PrincessP - such a fun collage. i recognize those mushrooms. (I have a book of collage elements too)
@Annchen - love your oil pastels. I have some and never use them. looks great.

2 Likes

I have received!

Check out my fantastic piece of artwork I received from @jemimah! I always love being your swap partner K! x I love the mixtures of techniques, and I think it’s funny that we created similar backgrounds for our 4x6 art :stuck_out_tongue:

He is sooo cool! I think I want to add robots to my list of themes from now on :wink:

4 Likes