4x6 Art Swap Round 4 - Gallery

I’m so happy you like it!

Yes @AIMR, I did use the process from a recent zoom session to make it :art: I get so much inspiration from all of you!

1 Like

OMG, I need that T-shirt!

1 Like

@jemimah – wow! this is lovely

1 Like

I think I saw it on Etsy - surely you can find one in the UK.

@Abbeeroad - another wonderful layered piece! You create an amazing mix of colour and pattern.

@geekgirl - that raccoon piece is brilliant! I love the depth in the background, and the border works well - and the sentiment is perfect :laughing:

@megwell - Your piece is so fun and imaginative! My eye is really drawn to the way you’ve painted the background, it looks so lively but with lovely harmonious colours.

1 Like

I received from @jemimah
Look at this gorgeous art! I love the colors and textures. It is simply stunning, isn’t it?

18 Likes

Wow! I love that!

1 Like

I received from @Kwality570 !
I love the colors. And I love fall so this is perfect!

And the envelope was really pretty so I saved it.

14 Likes

I received a lovely 4"x6" (and accompanying ATC) from @jemimah ! I always love her art :slight_smile:

Thank you so much!

14 Likes

I received both my pieces of art yesterday and love how well they go together … the left is from @whatthepuck and the right is from @Edel … thank you both!

11 Likes

Here is the lovely art I received from @geekgirl :grin:

“be awesome”

I don’t think it’s any secret that I adore anything by @geekgirl so I was totally excited to be getting some of her art this round :heart: Love it! Thank you!!! :kissing_heart:

13 Likes

They really do go together! Did you find the little embroidery hoop in the package too?

1 Like

Yes I did … I must have forgotten to PM you :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Thanks for that, now I’m plotting what to put in it.

1 Like

I just had a little scroll back through the thread. Everyone’s artwork is fabulous, I love seeing all the different styles and personalities shining through :heart:

@Kwality570 that leaf piece is gorgeous! I love the subtle tones and all the different mark-making on the leaves, it’s really evocative!

Wow @Cindy, it’s like you planned to get a pair of pieces :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@whatthepuck that marbled texture is beautiful! It reminds me of antique books with fancy edges/linings. I think the different colours tone together so well, but also with lots of contrast between dark and light - makes it come alive!

@Edel your piece looks like a nebula in space or something iridescent - it has a wonderful sense of depth! and the gold hearts make it sparkle :sparkles:

@geekgirl the way you layer colours and textures is amazing! The contrasts with the rich textures, simple line drawing, and border look so fantastic!

1 Like

I got two gorgeous pieces in today’s mail.

First from @pioneer9 this really fabulous picture, I love it, the colours and the quote. Thank you! And some great butterfly stickers.

And then totally different but equally amazing this Hawaiian style applique piece from @AuFish . So much detail and work in this and I adore the colours. And the tiny flamingo drawn on the envelope.

11 Likes

The Hawaiian pineapple is fabulous!!!

Also, love the colors and sentiment: Live in full color…nicely done.

I’m so glad it arrived safely! The postman was dubious.

1 Like

I got my final piece from @Kwality570 I am not sure when it was delivered, the postman randomly left it on the window sill at the back of the house. But it was a lovely Sunday surprise.

And I love the art!! Especially the glittery paint.

15 Likes

@pioneer9 - that piece is just beautiful! all three women are so evocative!

@AuFish - wow, your applique work is stunning!! fabulous, and so cool to have textile art in our gallery!

@Kwality570 - I love the beetles! there’s such rich colour layering in your work!

EVERYONE - if you haven’t already, please make individual posts for your work, so everyone else can admire them (and we might even tempt a few more people into the next round too :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)

Also, can you all please check I’ve got your info right in the first post? I think there are only a few cards left to receive … mostly the ones on the slow boat to Aotearoa New Zealand …

3 Likes

Mine looks good and yep, definitely have a piece on the slow boat to NZ.

1 Like