4x6 Swap Round 5 - Gallery

I got 3 awesome pieces of art over the weekend

My own gorgeous piece from @Abbeeroad i love these colors! And the detail! And the layers!

A colllaged piece from @pioneer9.
You have great layering skills! It looks great!

And a beautiful watercolor by @bluebird
Love the purple misty-ness. I would like to be in a cabin in the mountains with that view!

Thanks!!

17 Likes

Wow! I love that misty pine watercolor! :star_struck:

2 Likes

@Abbeeroad Your pieces have truly evolved…wonderful textures, colors, and composition…looks like your hard work studying and taking classes has paid off big time! I just love them so much!

2 Likes

This piece made me chuckle (in a good way) and you’ll find out why when mine arrives.

1 Like

Aw! Thank you! An awesome group of supportive people sure helps a lot! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I was lucky enough to be partnered with the talented @curiousfae!
She sent me this amazing watercolor. I have to say, the colors are off here. My phone does not like to get shots of this color pink and it has been raining here. If you have a better pic, please post it. The colors are so beautiful and subtle and calming in real life. It looks like she masked off the white areas. It’s so pretty and well executed.

@whatthepuck – your art pour is giving me serious galaxy vibes. Love the colors you chose. I would have never put red and teal, but it worked to create a stunning piece.

@geekgirl – the background on the lady one is amazing. The greens and texturing is gorgeous! The Collect Beautiful Moments is a stunner! The metallics really set it off. Love the colors.

@megwell – the lama-lady is funny.

@pioneer9 – The winking deer cracks me up! It looks like someone is flipping throw an old photo album. Very cool. Love the colors and all over feel of the Dazzle and Dream one.

@kwality570 – You know how much I adore the houses you did! They remind me of traveling when I was a kid and catching glimpses out of the car window as I daydreamed. This is amazing and I hope you do more of them.

@curiousfae – Loving these swirls. They are so beautifully done and so organic and peaceful.

@Aufish – What a creative and neat background. Gives me inspiration. I like how you made it more of a color block than checkerboard. Cute crane too.
@abbeeroad – the curve of the flower and the colorway is so serene and pretty.

@bluebird – You know how much I love this. I asked her for one a bit ago and have it in my kitchen. So beautiful and dreamy!

11 Likes

:dizzy: :art: Congrats! This amazing gallery is one of this week’s features! You guys rock! :art: :dizzy:

3 Likes

Let’s not keep it exclusively in the gallery. Post up your wonderful pieces of art in the main thread too!

7 Likes

I received two amazing pieces to add to the gallery.

This watercolor beauty from @curiousfae is so detailed and perfectly executed. I love it! It’s like a stained glass bouquet.

And from @Cindy, keeping up on the weaving theme, I got this awesome, randomly woven watercolor gem. It just pops off of the background so well and is so interesting to look at. I love that she and @AuFish both did weaving for me and they’re both so different and unique!

15 Likes

The piece from @curiousfae is beautiful

1 Like

Your piece is also well executed and beautiful!! Wow…what a unique look…

And both are lovely rainbows of color…they go well together, one being more graphic and the other floral…are you sure you guys didn’t plan this in advance? :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

So cool that our pieces compliment each other!

3 Likes

That is so crazy that all the art you received is adjacent to the others. I love @curiousfae’s water color bouquet! The linework is so clean and clear and the way it pops out from the black is super cool!
@Cindy’s looks like it was made to coordinate, and the fact that she wove it is kismet! It pops as well.
Great haul on your side!

2 Likes

Wow! Those are beautiful and unique but also so complimentary!

1 Like

I received this wonderful art piece from aufish. As soon as I can I’m going to get a frame and add it to my art wall.

10 Likes

so good! I love the hint of brick and stone…lovely!

1 Like

@AuFish It reminds me of the one that @Kwality570 made! Great minds think alike. And yours has the same, looking out the back seat on a Sunday drive feel to it. Stunning!

1 Like

Actually, that one was from me! I’m glad you like it!

3 Likes

I kept looking at it thinking it was awfully similar. Again, I do love the daydreaming vibe of these pieces.

1 Like

@Kwality570 the houses you did are wonderful and both remind me of places I know.

1 Like