4x6 Swap Round 5 - Gallery

What media did you use for that piece? The colors are so vibrant and deep. I love it!

I also love that ‘woven’ piece from @AuFish . Such a cool and clever idea! It’s inspired me to make something like it. Thank you!

1 Like

@Abbeeroad Your pieces are so exuberant!

@geekgirl Each piece you’ve made tells a story!

@gozer Such a velvety bee :honeybee: on such delicate petals!

@megwell Love how relaxed it feels.

@Lynx Great use of stacked shapes

@pioneer9 Like everyone else, I can’t get over the winking deer.

@Kwality570 Random street view is such an interesting concept. They look great

@curiousfae Your waves and flowers have such a nice organic flow!

@bluebird The misty forest is just perfect. Chef’s kiss

@Cindy Wonderfully popping color and textures in the loose weave!

Thanks for the wonderful comments. The weave is leftover gift ribbon that together reminds me of a heat haze.

Every time I tried to respond, more awesome art had appeared and I’ve needed each piece of beauty lately.

6 Likes

WOW! This is a really impressive and inspirational gallery! I hope all the artists will consider making a topic for their creations! These deserve to not be “buried” in the galleries!

2 Likes

These were a very early foray into watercolor for me. I used it pretty thickly, so it looks a little more like gouache, but I’m learning! I need to do some more of these because they really are a good way to practice. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Those are Tim Holtz chat stickers I got on clearance. I also will type up my own and print out.

Ah! I was wondering how you got the white on black without embossing. They look great. I’ll have to look out for them. The typewriter font is the best!

I was thinking the same thing! same background also, @Cindy & @curiousfae – both are lovely!

@Kwality570 , this is so pretty…is there any type of craft you DON’T do? I’m in awe of your multi talents!! :heart:

1 Like

I received a sweet bird and a bookmark from the always lovely @jemimah!

Thank you!

14 Likes

@jemimah The colors and texture on that house are super! What technique is that?

1 Like

@jemimah such a sweet piece. love that border.

Everybody’s art is so amazing, I love this gallery! I’m sorry I haven’t been able to comment much, lots going on.

I have received two wonderful pieces in the mail today :sparkling_heart:

@megwell sent me one of her hilariously original collage pieces, it’s fab!! (and there was a cool stowaway too :smile:)

@bluebird sent me an exquisite watercolour of cotton flowers, simply lovely!!

I love them both, thank you so much! I have a lot of upheaval going on right now, and it was such a delight to get some beautiful treasures from my lettuce friends :sparkling_heart:

16 Likes

It’s just wet in wet watercolour, then outlines and details in black and white pen. Thanks!

3 Likes

Sorry to hear life is rough, hope things improve soon.

3 Likes

Thanks @Cindy :heart: it’s nothing too terrible, just lots of upheaval and stress at our jobs, which means that we are having to move very soon.

4 Likes

The 4x6 gallery is always one of my favorites! I’ve really enjoyed seeing all the different art techniques, textures, and styles. :slight_smile:

Thank you, @Abbeeroad, @gozer, @AuFish! :blush:

@geekgirl and @jemimah — You’re welcome! And @jemimah, I hope things settle down soon for you. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I so love the bonus bookmark and stowaway probably because they weren’t expected

Beautiful job on the cotton bolls @bluebird

3 Likes

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

I received a beautiful watercolor and bookmark from @jemimah! They’re lovely, thank you! :blush:

14 Likes

Lovely!
@jemimah , where do you get your quotes?
This one is perfect :star_struck:

1 Like

I received a cute birdie piece today from @jemimah … and a bookmark

16 Likes