5 Fat Quarters Quilt

Hi Everyone

Finished this quilt this week. This quilt used 5 fat quarters and some background fabric and sashing fabric. This quilt is going to be a gift for a friend who is going through a lot of family stuff and I thought this is a way I could send her a warm hug without giving her a hug (we joke about sending each other ghost hugs because I dont like hugs).

It was a very fun sew and I tried to used some fancy stitching for the binding and besides how much thread it used I like the additional personal touch to the quilt. I will be doing it again.

Its pretty good size for a lap quilt- I kinda dont want to give it away.

On to the next quilt. Happy crafting!

21 Likes

Lovely quilt! I like the fancy stitches.

1 Like

It’s very nice, and the fancy stitches are a great detail!

1 Like

Great work @Mvanrh11! What’s the name of the pattern you used? It’s a great use of fat quarters. Well done.

1 Like

Beautiful lap quilt @Mvanrh11

I’d love to know the name of the pattern too… I have a lot of fat quarters :sweat_smile:

So pretty! It’s like flowers hanging from a lattice!

1 Like

So pretty and cheerful!

1 Like

Gorgeous work!

I, too, would prefer a quilt hug. :wink:

2 Likes

What a lovely gift to your friend! I really like the colors and prints you chose for this pattern.

1 Like

That is a lovely quilt & such a wonderful gift!
I like how it’s got the good quilt crinkle with only stitch-in-the-ditch quilting.

1 Like

I love the wave-like stitching on the edge!

1 Like

:tada: Wheeeeeee doggies! :hotdog: Your cool craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects!

1 Like

@MistressJennie and @PrincessP the pattern is called Preppy Quilt by A Bright Corner

You can get the free download from this site- A Bright Corner: Five Fat Quarter Fun - Preppy Quilt Pattern

3 Likes

I love the fancy stitches and it is such a sweet thing for you to do for your friend. It’s a very pretty quilt!

2 Likes

It’s lovely, your colour choices are great

1 Like

So pretty. The fancy stitches in white do I’m give it a little extra dimension. So well done!