50 or more Projects Craftalong -2023

I like that thick green yarn you used for them. They look so wonderful altogether!

1 Like

This is delightful! So glad you saved those mushrooms!

2 Likes

Adding 2 more bakes !

A variation of my reindeer sandwich cookies, I made cinnamon cookies with cookie butter spread in the shape of boba fett

I also made some pretzel shortbread wreaths that were supposed to go on top of some cupcakes I was planning on making for our Christmas lunch, but the lunch was canceled, so I ended up running home to grab the cookies to share. I was bummed they were undecorated though

6 Likes

I have made projects during this year, and if I look at my spreadsheet I have passed the 50-projects mark. I have not just updated here… And I wont update now either. But I will do better next year and update more regular. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’m seriously considering putting some version of posting more craft projects here on my next year goals list.

6 Likes

Our goal is just to keep you in a crafting frame of mind and a way to keep track if you want. I have seen so many projects that I am sure everyone was busy in 2023!

See anybody who wants to play in 2024!!!

9 Likes

I’m into it. I forget all the stuff I work on over a year, having a list to look back on it so great.

4 Likes

Not only have I been busy with holiday stuff and rehab on my ankle, but I got called in to help with a theater production,The Producers

3 Likes

I print out my list each year and have a notebook so I can at least see if there is anything I want to make again or to just remember a swap! It makes me feel productive to look back on as well!

5 Likes

I also love looking back at images of my year’s efforts! “Oh yeah, I made that!” I was just wondering about a 2024 version and it sounds like it’s going to happen. YEY! And THANK YOU, @AIMR for doing these!

In other news, yesterday, I hit 122 projects for the year! I feel so lucky to have the time and resources to make things to share and to keep. With 1.5 days left, I think I will hold steady: 1-22 is my birthday, so 122 feels “auspicious” or charmed or something.

6 Likes

I did NOT finish a single WIP this year :shushing_face: :roll_eyes:

MUST TRY HARDER!!!

7 Likes

If I count all the pictures I’ve painted recently, I’m pretty sure I’ve hit over 100 projects, yay! I need to go back through my photos and update my list on this thread! Can’t believe it’s 2024 tomorrow … :scream_cat:

4 Likes

Happy new year!

I hope to make more of an impression in this craftalong next year!

3 Likes

If you did not make this happen in two years in a row, my advice would be to just leave them.
You do not have to finish them. Feel free.
Throw them away, frog them, if at all possible, or give them to someone who will finish them.
And stop feeling guilty about them. Be free.

4 Likes

Wise words! I will be spending New Year’s Day going through my knitting and quilting WIPS to determine why I have not finished them.

I sort of have to since the room I have them stored in will be used for my husband’s recovery room after his surgery this Wednesday!

After all this time, it is time to let some go!

4 Likes

I hear you, but a few I want to finish.

The problem with one isn’t that I don’t love it, but that my stitch count is broken and with it being crochet I’m not as confident with my ability to fix it without breaking the pattern.

I shall overcome as I’ve done before! (to paraphrase Nothing but Thieves)

No.2 item; I need my full brain capacity to do Maths. I’m at the end of the pattern (not sure how because I used the right needles / yarn size), it needs to be bigger so I need to work out the size of the next couple of blocks, the row repeat increases each block. Should be simple enough, I just haven’t sat down with a clear head to do it. I’m intending to give this away so I have until May.

2 items, no, make that 3 are about to be frogged. 2 I didn’t love and the other one is a 2 part shawl. Whilst I am literally rows from finishing 1 half, my notes are awol and I can’t match without them!!

On the plus side, my current wip, a knit gilet, I managed to fix a mistake on the fly without having to rip back. This made me happy!

7 Likes

Happy new year!! :smile:

2 Likes

Let’s get making!

5 Likes

Having the projects list really helped me in 2023. I’m sure it will do the same in 2024! Thank you for setting this up again.

2 Likes

Thanks @AIMR! This craftalong is such an encouraging and inspiring one, I’m looking forward to lots more creating in 2024!

3 Likes