CLOSED -50 Projects in 2020

here’s a peek at my 2018 work in progress that is officially no longer in progress :slight_smile:

@AudiobookLover, here it is!
all of my in progress pictures are also on instagram under the tag #emilyscatasaurusquilt

16 Likes

I love this colour combo! The green and yellow with the teal looks great and is a nice change from the teal/aqua combos of recent years.

What a lovely sampling of different blocks! No two alike and yet they all go together so well! What a beautiful job you have done on this.

The top is vibrant and has lots of movement and things to see. In contrast, the back is very peaceful and calm. A nice balance.

Great job ticking off a WIP!!

1 Like

It’s really really beautiful.

That is beautiful and I love all the different blocks then the stripe down the back!

YEY! I love to count my finished projects! I rarely plan too far in advance, though. So I’m going to have a short Plan/Goal list (in no particular order) and then a long Post As I Go list (in order of completion or memory).

PLAN/GOAL LIST

1. Built in book case
  2. Firewood rack
  3. Holiday flannel pillowcases for nieces
  4. Boxer shorts for TheMisterT
  5. Secret surprises for one of my bestie’s 50th

POST AS I GO LIST

1. Spooning pillowcases

Several Cards

ToothpasteThanks01-01

Several gift bags

GiftBag01-01
GiftBag01-02b
11.Krampus Nutcracker

12. Valentine for Delia

13. Random scrapbook paper to do list

14. Cheery pup cake topper

15. Gift card holders
MomsBdays2020-01
16. Pillowcases for our nieces for next year.
Pillowcases03
17. Pillowcases for our guestroom in winter.
Pillowcases-SnowmanFlannel04
18. Notecard

TacoCrossStitch03
IroningBoardPad02

RhinoCheesecake01
TY-PickupGoodfellow01

30. I’ve now made 5 tissue box covers!

TissueBoxesRound2-03

M-DayNests01
Masks01-01
Wanker01

PeskyRabbit05

42. This box for…

43. … this diorama which is getting a link, because it took a lot of… TIME. :joy: :rofl: :weary:

BirthdayCakeTopper01
47. Couche for my cutie.
Couche03
Teacup06
ScallopedCircles-Stamped00
50. :clinking_glasses:

(FIRST) FIFTY ACCOMPLISHED!!!

1. But really the 55th, because I have 4 projects I’m waiting ot post until received! :wink:
    02Buttons

BreadBag02

Rainbow-Pam01

KittyKickerToys01

And finally I get to post 3 things I made for a fellow Lettuce Head’s 50th!

And then this one for TheMisterT for Father’s Day

CorkBumpers02

1. Who would’ve thought we’d need to update our home mask stash? Sigh.

HowWeRoll01

1. CW: anti-racism craft
  1. No peeking, Secret Sisters!

StrawberryPillowcases01

69 DUDES!

1. More masks. Sigh.
    MasksCarlasColleagues01

EarringDisplay01

1. Who’da thunk we’d still be making/needing masks in August? Sigh.

2. There are over 30 of these faux postage stamps embellishments!
    FauxPostageStamps02-07

WaterPumpBag01

EyeoftheRoseWreath05

1. I’m calling 13 of these one project.

Mittens2020-01

CornholeBags01

1. :boom: :tada: :clinking_glasses:

RollingPin

GirlsGiftbags12-20

ApplianceCovers01-03

SequinSnowflakeCovers01

BowlCovers01

XmasCardTags01

XmasCardTags02

XmasCardBags01

13 Likes

You’ve been busy! Your cards are so fun and amazing!

1 Like

Thanks, @Lynx! I am lucky to have lots of Craftime ™.

1 Like

I love this!! This definitely needs a post of its own - there are so many details! I like the words in the bottom corner. Are there more words elsewhere (I was only able to spot the catasaurus quilt words by looking through your Instagram pics - did you fussy cut all those letters from a text fabric?)? Did you already have most fabrics in hand or did you buy them specifically for this?

i bought a lot as i went, just because i kept seeing cute things that fit my cat/dinosaur/blue/yellow/green theme. this was done as a monthly class at a local shop, so we did each chapter of the book each month to complete it. the signature block is the only one with words on it, and yep… they were fussy cut!

1 Like

Please put me out of my misery! I don’t have IG so can’t go look at the other pictures. I’ve spent 5 mins and given myself a headache trying to find the text! :sleepy::face_with_head_bandage::nerd_face:

1 Like

I love the big spoon little spoon and all the cards. I am just amazed at your card making skills.

I have a couple of things to post, but snow blowing/shovelling is messing with my free time at home. I’m at work now so I have a few minutes to look through the galleries and such.

1 Like

Here I am! :wave: I had considered joining the ‘50 Projects’ before, but decided not to. I saw it again this morning and thought to myself that it would be a great way for me to have a list of what I’d like to accomplish this year. So, without further ado:

*Blanket/hat/angel wing sets for Project Robbie: 5 sets done so far
*Baby blanket for DH’s co-worker: DONE
*Crocheted blanket sewn to Holly Hobbie sheet:
*Mini crocheted octopus:
*Embroidered canvas tote:
*Embroidered canvas backpack:
*Twisted fabric wreath (like Lynx2Lancer’s):
*Positive quotes picture and framed:
*Crocheted earrings using crochet thread:
*Crocheted rocks using crochet thread (use “wish rocks”):
*Orange Eliot ornament:
*Grey/beach themed mugrug: DONE
*Purple/? themed mugrug: DONE
*Blanket for bearded dragon:
*Boro stitch over stains that won’t come out in DH’s hoodie: DONE
*Start journal to gift to bestie
*Mugrug for M-DONE
*Mugrug for A-DONE
*Mugrug for DH-DONE
*Make cat Xmas ornament from the fabric I have:
*Crochet shark thingy I bookmarked for A:
*Make jewelry inventory for craft fair in August: 2 sets of earrings

22 ITEMS LISTED SO FAR

13 ITEMS COMPLETED AS OF 3/2020

PHOTOS OF COMPLETED ITEMS:

-top of mugrug
-bottom of mugrug
-Project Robby
-back of mugrugs
-front of mugrugs

5 Likes

Crocheted earrings and crocheted rocks are such fun things that take so little time and you feel like you got something right away!

I also want to do a twisted wreath!

Glad you can join us even if it just to chat!

2 Likes

@aimr and @LadybugsandBees I want to see some wreaths! Work on it at night when watching tv!

1 Like

I will be getting my wreath form on Saturday. I ordered it because the closest store to me is a PIA to get to. Believe me, I have my basket of scraps ready to go! I am going to do a blue themed one to match my new beach themed house!

3 Likes

I found a Dollar Tree last night that has an AWESOME craft section, and had both small and large wreath forms. I purchased a small one, although I would like to make another one once I get the hang of it.

1 Like

My Dollar Tree also has the wreaths but I was distracted by a large section of acrylic paints and canvases. I had just gotten a three pack of canvases at Joann’s, and the Dollar Tree had larger ones! I might keep the wreath in mind for other crafts, as I have no scraps to wrap it in.

2 Likes

Dollar Tree is great for foam core as well…my husband bought three sheets at an office supply store that cost almost $30! Dollar Tree was…$1! I buy poster board there as well to use to make label for my bins…I haven’t looked at paints…are they good quality?

1 Like

I haven’t cracked one open yet, but I might later today and I can report back. I’m not familiar with acrylic paint brands. This is one of them. I got them in primary colors, black and white.

1 Like