CLOSED -50 Projects in 2020

Yes…post your pic…edit it by changing the dimensions by dividing by
4…I find most of my pics are 70x125…look at my list @magpie@geekgirl figured it out

2 Likes

Finished my first project of 2020: Kitty cat toy for a baby. A very simple and quick little sewing project just to jump start my year of crafting. :heart:

11 Likes

That does post a smaller image but it’s not a clickable thumbnail that leads to a bigger photo?

Ok, I tried gg’s seahorse and it does open up. Nice!

1 Like

@Rlynn that looks great. Nicely interactive.

1 Like

We don’t have individual photo albums here…but you can click the thumbnail and see the larger picture!

1 Like

I just realized I can post these Three Mini Journals as my first project of 2020 :grin:

12 Likes

Cute teething ring, rlynn!

Those are great journal covers, Reinikka! I love the fabrics you used, especially the math one.

I made four hanging baskets to hold our Winter accessories that are currently in use ('cause you know I also have a big bin of handmade hats and scarves). These just hang on the same pegs as our coats, keeping hats/scarves/mittens organized and off the floor (and away from a dog that would happily eat them).

My boys are finally getting baptized, so the one who doesn’t have a jewelry phobia gets a handmade jade rosary. My other kiddo gets a wooden rosary - no metal, no problem.

13 Likes

The math and letter ones I’ve been oogling (like some others as well) as they were snatched up so quickly in the ebay sale. I never even saw them!

1 Like

I’m in! Our room (slash craft room) isn’t ready to go yet so I will just stalk for ideas until I can. Also have to buy lots of more yarn. No real list yet :slightly_smiling_face:
And I need to pick up using HTML o.o lol

1. Finish blankets with all the toppers I have (At least 3…)
  2. Yarn stuff.
2 Likes

That rosary is gorgeous. That green is so vibrant.

2 Likes

Those journal covers are amazing! I love the fabric combos!!!

1 Like

Just finished my second LGT swap item, third is almost done too!

I did these for years at Craftsters and aced it 3 years running but about 6 yrs ago I got sick…then stayed sick, (yay fibro :neutral_face:) and slowly just couldn’t keep up.
I am working hard to reclaim my motivation and drive and to feel more like me.

So I am going to try again

List soon to come

FINISHED CRAFTS
(January)
1 Wall valance over kitchen sink

2 Kitchen curtains (golden white with black cat pins…more coming as I find all my collection)
3. Corkboard and cloth covered kitchen cupboards
4. Magnetic bookmarks made from Disney Villianess cloth

5-6. Covered old soft sided sketch books with metallic holographic paper and made a magnetic

1. Redesigned a simplified mask pattern and made a diagram. I tried to make one that was easier for hand sewing and to adjust sizes. My goal is to make 50 masks and donate 10 precut mask kits (each makes 5 full masks, has ten 6x9" pieces of material, 5 yards of cord, 5 pieces of pre-twisted pipe stems and the directions…which includes links to the pleated CDC suggested mask)

CRAFT GOALS:

CRAFT CATEGORY 1 (DECOR and DECORATING)
*Finish magnet cupboards
*Redesign Front room Curtains
*Harem bed decor bedroom
*Curtain for bedroom
*Wall treatment for around bathroom mirror and top of wall (make ornate “Arabic” inspired tiles from Home Depot samples)
*Create cat shelf “highway”
*Create speaker/lamp set up over bed (with remotes) that looks good and unified
*Paint sign for beside the door using our "crest/logo” and “ALL VISITORS MUST BE APPROVED BY CATS AND DRAGONS” to hang in place of Welcome sign the dragon holds
*Paint sign for outside the front door using our "crest/logo” and LAIR De LOCKARY to hang over the reaper statue by the door.
*Make flat sided planters to hang from the fence out back

CRAFT CATEGORY 2: (CRAFT ORGANIZATION and STORAGE)

CRAFT CATEGORY 3 (BEAUTY and SELF CARE)

• Lavender flower, purple/blue TARDIS soaps
  • Crushed rose petals exfoliating Skull shaped soap
    *Crushed lavender flower grey tombstone soap

CRAFT CATEGORY 4: (GIFTS and SWAPS)
*Goth decorated heart “candy box” with Gothy soaps (see category 2)
*Goth Valentine art swap book marks
(Magnetic bookmarks, and drawn zentangle/doodle bookmark)

CRAFT CATEGORY 5: (FASHION and ACCESSORIES/JEWELRY)

CRAFT CATEGORY MISC:

• Finish the design for our simple 10yr anniversary tattoo and create a stamp and logo.
  • Upcycle HDPE plastic
    *Make 12 post on my Auntie Maim Facebook page teaching something crafty.

:crayon:
:thread:
:paintbrush:
:art:
:framed_picture:
:yarn:
:soap:
:candle:
:izakaya_lantern:
:scarf:
:dress:
:handbag:
:open_umbrella:
:writing_hand:
:zombie:
:hibiscus:
:wilted_flower:
:waning_crescent_moon:
:spider_web:
:spider:
:ramen:
:space_invader:
:computer:
:couch_and_lamp:
:ring:
:sparkles:
:butterfly:
:plate_with_cutlery:
:derelict_house:
:house:
:hammer:
:pen:
:black_nib:
:memo:
:game_die:
:open_book:
:mailbox_with_mail:
:postbox:
:love_letter:
:clock9:
:crystal_ball:
:prayer_beads:
:old_key:
Stay tuned while I interpret my own clues.

6 Likes

This along with the other craft a longs arr going to be my jam this year! Right now I am eorking on my first project that I started this year. Its a shrug for myself. I love the colors, they feel vintagie to me. Now mind you, the key word here is “started” in 2020. I finished a sweater I started last year and have a ton more wips to go! Lol

8 Likes

This is a great one! I’ve been debating if I can justify keeping books I have ogled and drooled over but as yet not made anything from them. Real estate is at a premium right now, I better get crafting’ if I’m justifying keeping them.

3 Likes

I had that goal for several years…finally, when I moved last year, I took all the books that I never used and donated them to a recrafting store…it was freeing! Most of the books I have now are knitting or crocheting that you can use over and over…it is a good goal!

1 Like

I have a very small selection of books, I too donated all that I wasn’t making from & have the goal to use the rest more frequently. I did just order an embroidery book but that’s a craft I’m hoping to focus on more this year. I’m a non-monogomous crafter, sort of dabling in everything. I’m hoping to refine what I do, go deeper in a couple most-loved things rather than being spread thinly over the entire crafting universe.

5 Likes

I have been a craftster member for years, but I have never been active, so what better time than a new year to change that and finally start posting… it took a new platform too, but hey, here we are ;).

I guess 50 projects is a recipe for failure in my case :sweat_smile:, so I’m going to limit myself to finish at least 12 projects this year. 1 project per month seems at least doable ;).

And also completely following @jemimah to stash bust for once and for all and not buy anything new (or at least try… we all know how that mostly turns out :roll_eyes:).

MY LIST
Completed 2020

• Added a zipper to and repaired the inlay cushion for the cat carrier

Planned projects 2020
Yarn and fabric projects (sewing, embroidery, crochet, tatting, …)

• padded frame drum bag
  • crocheted baby blanket and/or booties & hat (baby present for a friend)
  • crocheted unicorn hooded scarf (present for my niece)
  • finishing curtains (for my dad… who has been waiting for ages, ahum)
  • transforming corner to corner crocheted unicorn into a pillow case or a wall hanging
  • regency underthings 1: chemise
  • regency underthings 2: short stays
  • embroidered regency reticule
  • tatted jewelry
  • continuing my tunisian crochet cardigan (which will probably take me another 10 years :roll_eyes: before it ever gets finished)
  • finish some of my UFO’s (mostly small repairs or alteration of my clothes)

Visual art (drawing & painting)

• black & white portrait series
  • triptych (will probably end up a dipytich :wink: )
  • screens to keep the sun out (cardboard/paper maché + paint)
5 Likes

That sounds very sensible :smiley: I like your cat profile pic - is that your cat?

2 Likes

Hahaha, yes, that is the Shah. He’s very much aware of his royal lineage :wink:, but incredibly sweet too :blush:.

(edit: added quote for clarity)

2 Likes