50 Projects, More or Less, 2021

It’s so easy to just keep saving a piece for the right project.

1 Like

You did a great job on this!! I love the use of the different fabrics!

1 Like

Thank you! The pattern worked well to do it.

1 Like

I have not really felt all that inspired to make things lately…I am pretty sure that some of it is just feeling lethargic from allergies to pollen and other spring nasties!

I did manage to get distracted while doing a bit of supplies clean up…these are made with embroidery thread that has to be over 10 years old from some forgotten or abandoned project…

Easy to do while streaming Star Trek (again!)…

11 Likes

You made them!! Too good :smiley:

I’ve finally updated my list… March was a very slow crafting month for me, but I’m happy to say April has picked up again :raised_hands:t2:

3 Likes

I’m the opposite! I finally posted my

as my first item for April. I just haven’t had time to craft.

2 Likes

Your brooch is beautiful :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Thank you.

Another month, another project dump. But I’m still catching up with stuff I made in February, so this may take a while…

1. A batch of dresses for a 6 inch doll. (Featuring the pleated skirt from project 11) Fun fact - three of these dresses are from the first fabrics I’d bought for doll sewing in over a year.

14-16 So Many Doll Dresses. The smallest doll is 11cm, the largest is 30.

1. Three dresses using this fabric in various sizes
11 Likes

So many tiny prints…and I adore the pleated skirt but that little black and red check dress made me squeal…just toooooooooo cute!

Tis the season to find great buys on woolens. I bought this zip cardigan, used, online specifically to decorate. My ancient zip cardigan bit the dust 2 years ago and I have felt lost without it.

I chose an embellishment that required many tiny stitches in case it would curl up when wet, but it was worth it. I love the little flowers and even tho I have a bit more braid, I am choosing NOT to just ‘use it up’ by adding it to the pockets. Anyone out there think that was a good decision, to leave as it is?

8 Likes

Lovely way to make the cardigan yours!

I would leave the trim off the pockets…I like the look of the zipper and the trim both being vertical…I think having the horizontal pockets decorated would be a bit distracting. Nice find!

1 Like

Great find! It turned out really pretty… sometimes less is more. I like it as it is!

2 Likes

I agree, I don’t think it needs anything on the pockets - it would make the trim less of a special feature :cherry_blossom:

1 Like

I really miss my friend Andrea…and her wonderful Italian meals…she sure spoiled us with her lavish dinners and Christmas Party…maybe this year we will be able to enjoy a dinner or two with her and her family! I have been making her aprons since we were young married women…it has been a few years since I made her one. I had this fabric in my stash and thought it would be perfect for an apron. All of the aprons I have made her have been in the theme of some of the dishes she makes.

This is project makes my total so far 63 projects…I think I am going to have a banner year this year!

lol I didn’t realize it until I posted the picture, but there are actually two pockets in front…guess I did a good job matching fabrics!

14 Likes

So fun to see what you all have been up to! This is such a comforting and inspiring craftalong and I’m just so grateful that it keeps coming every year and so lucky to get to participate.

I’ve just added my 42nd project to my list and am started cutting my 43rd this afternoon! I’m not yet caught up creating topics, but should be in a few days. I LOVE THIS PLACE!

3 Likes

The apron is beautiful! I hope you can see her again soon.

1 Like

I made a custom dog collar for the Shop the Swap with some cute grizzly bear fabric.

I also whipped up a couple pillow covers for our camper.

11 Likes

I am so glad to see those made up as pillows…just so adorable! They will be great as you camp around the country…a little bit of home always goes with you!

2 Likes

So nothing gets me out of a creative slump like a lettuce craft swap and the deadline involved!
I made a box, a miniature bedside lamp and cross stitched a little butterfly and put it in this miniature frame for the fill a box with whimsies swap. I’m wondering if these count as one project or 3?
image image image

12 Likes