50 Projects, More or Less, 2021

I’ve just done a big project upload, and have been able to add a lot more pictures as items for swaps have been received :slight_smile:

If I haven’t missed anything, I’m now up to project 58 :slight_smile:

I really need to get stuck into my WIP list too :wink: I can’t believe over half of the year is done!!!

5 Likes

I hit 65 last week. I have two throw pillow projects I would like to finish for myself and one commission that stalled, because the supposedly 100% cotton printed canvas won’t bleach. I’ve been plugging away a larger charitable project for a few hours here and there, too. Next month, I really must start focusing on a big DIY house project that has been postponed for a couple years. By completing it, I will make a few living-in-this-house things easier and better.

6 Likes

I have also put off some needed house projects…curtains for a few of my husband’s spaces (he is using fleece blankets on the windows to block the sun! UGH!)…chair recovers, especially my poor sewing chair that I have had and redone several times since 1969!

Hang in there…stay motivated and focused but still have fun!

4 Likes

Hi, just joined; but my 50 projects, more or less will include 13to get done in Aug-Sept (late summer, but not nec. summer themed:
ORGANIZATION 1-4:
~39 more boxes to be re-covered (an on-going project),
~Re-cover the window’d boxes,
~Shelf-coupage & spray paint the textured one,
~Shelf-coupage / stick better the fauxbois one
5-7: GIFTIES3 for Ivanhoe
~kittyshelf?
~kitty coasters?
~paw prints scarf?
8-10: NEEDLEworx:
~crochet-a-long? (I just found this one (not mine:
Charlotte’s Universe CAL 2021), but it might be kinda late to go ‘a long’
~Fit the swiffer I knitted 2 things for better
~Crochet a baglet?
11-13: 4fun/utility:
~ArtJo pages via zoom here on lettuceCraft
~Plant tags for plants that get lost
~Document projects…here and there… :wink:

7 Likes

Welcome to Lettuce Craft! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: it’s a wonderful place

3 Likes

We will be art journaling this Sunday if you want to join!

4 Likes

Thanks @geekgirl, I’d bookmarked it, but either some fam biz or the upcoming literal blue moon may preclude (or…those might be themes to journal…) so I didn’t vote yes/no…yet. I AM looking forward to it! Thanks again!

2 Likes

Welcome to the happiest place on the internet!

2 Likes

I just realized it’s been a while since I updated my list and posted in this thread. So, photo dump incoming. :joy:

A bunch of yarn, all spun at roughly the same weight and chain-plied, going into my sweater-yarn stockpile.

A mock-up of a tunic pattern that I ended up not liking. I used leftover fabric from a sheet I dyed for a toga party costume.

A pair of pen-holder bookmarks from scraps. I need more of these!

A beaded necklace and a rosary for my DS2.

Lalylala’s Fibi the Fox.

13 Likes

I like those bookmark/pen holder things. How adjustable are they? Do you have to size them to the book you’re planning on using them with?

4 Likes

There’s just a few inches of elastic, so they’re pretty specific to the size book I made them for. But, if you use less fabric and more elastic, they’d probably be more versatile. As is, they’re just snug enough to stay put, since both books already had ribbon bookmarks. I’ve just attached these to the covers, they’re not marking my place.

3 Likes

Lovely yarn! and the pen holders are a great idea too

1 Like

I’m so behind on posting stuff, but I just updated my list and I’ve made it past 50 things :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I’m sure there’s things I’ve forgotten, but it is nice to look back and see that I’ve managed to get some stuff done this year!

9 Likes

I seriously need to make some pen holder/journal closers…

Your yarn is also so lovely!

Welcome, @eyeris ! Plenty of time to get in a bunch of projects before year end!

2 Likes

I only made three items in August!

Checking to see how everyone is doing…4 months to go…

Anyone else working on Halloween and Christmas projects?

2 Likes

I haven’t updated my slot for ages.

I have 3, no 4 active-ish WIPs, 1 inactive WIP and a swap in progress (12 days). Much in progress, not much finishing!

5 Likes

I was not made for heat + humidity and this summer has been a doozy. I’m looking forward to cooler temps and more motivation.
:sunny:

4 Likes

I am almost embarrassed to say that my husband and I lasted about 30 minutes at the beach yesterday…we laughed that we are turning into old farts for not being able to handle the heat and sand like we used to…ugh…I came home after we left, had lunch and promptly fell asleep—I still feel a bit groggy today! lol

5 Likes

I have been away for too long! I have been busy. I moved at the beginning of summer and then have been busy with work and general life. But I’ve done a little sewing in that time.

First photo is from this past weekend I made the hat and corset belt skirt I’m wearing. I found the hat pattern online somewhere. The belt skirt is made using George and Gingers belt pattern and Ellie and Macs skort pattern. The belt is a faux suede and the skirt is this black with metallic red weave.

Then the next three are Ellie and Mac kids patterns that I had made for my nephew’s birthday.

8 Likes

oh welcome back!!! Love your outfit…including the awesome tights!

2 Likes