50 Projects, More or Less, 2021

I got ambitious and made all the little sacks for my gift mixes I will make closer to Christmas. A fat quarter made two of these. They are small so I’m hoping they fit the mixes. I’m counting these as three items because three fabrics.

13 Likes

Good use of fat quarters! Looks like you are preparing well in advance!

2 Likes

I know but if I don’t start early it will never be done XD

4 Likes

Just make sure you remember where you put them!

4 Likes

I will be starting a pile or maybe put them in my cabinet thingy

2 Likes

I finished a Summer cardigan just in time for Summer to end. At least there will be a few warm days left to wear it this season.

10 Likes

It is lovely! You can always wear it with a heavier shirt underneath…the color goes with so many things!

1 Like

That’s a great idea! The yarn is unbleached cotton with variegated indigo thread…looks great with jeans.

2 Likes

T-shirts, jeans and your sweater would be so comfy and “fashionable”!

3 Likes

One more project done. Last Christmas my husband got me a paint by number. It feels like a bit of a cheat, but also it took me forever to finish so I’m counting it as a craft :smiley:

10 Likes

I totally forgot about this challenge, but I may be near 50, going to upload my pics and see.
1.Autumn pjs
25%,

2.Halloween pjs
25%,
3.Harry potter pjs
25%,
4.HP Blanket
25%,
5.HP Christmas in july pjs
25%,
6.HP bag
25%,
7. Bathroom decor
24%,
25%,
8.HP summer pjs
25%,
9.hive rules sign
25%,
10.prize box
25%,20210904_202352
11.classroom signs
25%,
12. Birthday sign
25%,
13.library book bags
25%,
14. Giant pillow
25%,
15. Practice boards

No pictures of the 30+ t-shirts I did my my class☹.

To still do:
Messenger bag
Microwave bowls
Hot pads
Placemat sets
Jacket
Calm down cave
Library bags
Stockings
Tree skirt
Wall hangings
HP ornaments

6 Likes

It feels like ages since I’ve been able to post a finished project! Just several bigger projects not getting finished lately, I guess. But this week I finished 5 projects! I think I’m up to 78? About that anyway. I hope I’ll have at least two more this week. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I finished another big project. Woo! This is a cardigan for my younger daughter, using the same Harvest pattern that I used for my older daughter.

8 Likes

Nice! What interesting colors and the texture is quite nice as well!

Decided that for the next few months, I am going to be working on Christmas projects, home projects, and using up my small fabrics and scraps.

I made some hexie flowers and then made some into pincushions:

A little different design using two hexie flowers:

A small card case test project:

I am modifying it a bit because it is a little too big to hold the size cards I carry and I need to make sure the prints are going in the correct direction. The YouTube I watched didn’t pay attention to that, but it drives me crazy:

13 Likes

I would forever feel the anxiety of those donuts looking like they’re going to fall face down, lol.
I love your hexie projects. Can you believe I’ve never made any? Seems like such a great scrap project, what am I waiting for?

2 Likes

Hexies are so much fun!!! You should totally try it. It’s very relaxing and it’s an easy project to take with you on the go. I recognize (at least) 3 of those fabrics that you used @AIMR ! My top is done, I’m going to pick it up from the longarm place tomorrow. They basted it for me as it was too massive to do it myself.

1 Like

Yes! I used a combo of hexies I got in swaps and also fabric squares that were exchanged!

@magpie, yes, those kind of things drive me a little insane on some projects! I keep a notebook with shortcuts, mistakes made, size changes, etc. Since many of the smaller items I am doing are test runs, it gives me a chance to improve! I am sure someone would like it and not even notice the falling donuts…lol…I realized that all of my prints from Spoonflower are directional…makes sense because of their printing process…and a lot of designers don’t do all over prints so I have to be extra careful…

Shall I send you some hexi forms? I have a punch!

I am as afraid to say yes as I am to say no :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Is it me or are there fewer and fewer prints that aren’t directional? I find it frustrating in principle as well in practice. It seems like Spoonflower prints are almost exclusively directional.

1 Like