Sleeveless Summer Cardigan

One can never have enough cardigans!

Hobby Lobby has a great fingering-weight cotton yarn that’s wrapped with thread, and I was looking for a project to use it in. I’m trying my hand at making sweaters/cardigans using only measurements, no pattern. This one uses very basic bottom-up rectangles, seaming only at the shoulders, then borders added around the arm scyes and front.

22 Likes

nice!!! I like this a lot!!

1 Like

Nifty!

1 Like

Very pretty. I could see that dressed up or down, versatile style.

1 Like

Very nice! I’m with @Magpie, I could see so many options with it.

1 Like

Very nicely done and versatile.

1 Like

Thank you!

Looks soft and light for summer!

1 Like

This turned out great! I look forward to seeing how your experiments with crocheting from measurements goes along!

1 Like

What a great little wardrobe addition! It looks great!

1 Like

Thank you! It’s super comfortable, too. After washing it, it was so soft that I made up my mind to acquire more of that yarn (I have a great cotton sweater that I want to replace as it’s getting too holey to wear out of the house)…only to find they’ve discontinued it and I missed the clearance sale. :cry: Oh, well.

2 Likes

It’s always hard when you find a yarn you love and it’s discontinued. What’s worse is trying to find a project for yarn you’ve had in your stash for a while and realizing it’s discontinued and can’t quite make it work. Hopefully you can find something similar!

1 Like

Nice one.

I’ve been able to get Hobby Lobby yarn a couple times and like it much better than anything I can get in Canada.

1 Like