50 Projects, More or Less, 2021

I finally finished this blanket that I started in the beginning of November (did not work on it much in Dec.) The table it’s on is 5ft long for length reference.

I have yarn for two more of these blankets. I can do another this size and then a smaller one. One in blue and the other in purple. I’m not sure when I will start the next one. Probably soon but I want to do some other things first that won’t take as long.

13 Likes

lovely blanket!!

Now that is one snuggly looking and thick blanket…it took a while, but it will make someone nice and cozy!

1 Like

I adore that yarn and the stitches you used!

Making some much needed kitchen towels. I love linen and had planned on using my mushroom embroideries on these, but then decided they would be trashed up pretty quickly…so instead, I have a small collection of these mass produced machine embroideries that I pull off Christmas cards…adds a little more interest without making them “precious”…I have eight more towels to make over the next few months…

14 Likes

I whipped up a hat for my MIL’s birthday. I used yarn that I spun up last year.

14 Likes

That colourway…swoon!

2 Likes

This yarn is so, so gorgeous and the stitches you chose showcase it beautifully. I am seriously jealous of your MIL!

2 Likes

Should we post in here when we finish a project? Or just update our lists?

@AIMR

Post here or post separately in a category for all to see then link…and post a baby pic in your thread! Pictures are a good thing!

1 Like

You got it! x

1 Like

Hmm, I haven’t actually finished a project in over a week, because I’ve been spending all my crafting time working on my “stretch goal” of a huuuge rainbow afghan. I do want to mix it up with some work on smaller projects in between so I can get that sense of accomplishment from getting something done, but I just LOVE this blanket and can’t seem to put it down! :slight_smile: Currently row 38 of 187…

8 Likes

ohhh I know that feeling of wanting little tastes of completion mixed in with a marathon project. My “Yesh” blanket had that. If I may be so bold as to offer unsolicited advice: Keep riding your momentum while you have it and then when it wanes, or your yarn gets put into time out for bad behavior, cruise through an easy win to keep the spirits up.

7 Likes

That sounds like a great plan! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I made myself a cardigan from stashed yarn. It’s so cozy, and now I want to make more.

I also finished the yarn for my SIL’s cowl. It’s a wool/silk blend. I thought the gals in my spinning group were exaggerating when they said that silk stinks when wet…yeah, no. It’s bad. Like dead fish. Thankfully, it’s fine when dry. :crazy_face:

14 Likes

Wow. I just want to wrap myself in that sweater right now. It looks so cozy!

5 Likes

I have more focused on a home improvement project than crafting so far this year and it feels a little weird! That said, I did get two projects done over the last two days. Thank you notes and a birthday card. WOOHOO!

5 Likes

I decided to finish one last WIP while on holidays :slight_smile:
A zippered pouch … for me!

12 Likes

poetrylover- Wow, your quilt is gorgeous.
tendstowardchaos-I love the hat. The pattern and colors are so gorgeous.

2 Likes

Ok, maybe not the last thing of my Summer holidays! :stuck_out_tongue:
I designed this new patch for my Quilting Bee… it may seem familiar to you :stuck_out_tongue:

17 Likes