50 Projects, More or Less, 2021

Just updated my post! It felt a little lonely compared to how much crafting it FEELS like I’ve done… probably because the massive afghan I’m working on isn’t there yet!

5 Likes

I haven’t kept up with documenting projects, photo or even a list. I need a good online gallery to motivate me for that. After working online all day at the office I have zero inclination to work on a blog or website at home, lol. I give up. I’m just making whatever whenever with no counting.

3 Likes

Our library has joined in the fun this year and is hosting Peeps Diorama contest. I bring in my submission tomorrow.
I love Harold’s Purple Crayon as a child. Such a deep message about creating something from nothing. Or just with a crayon in this case.

I ordered purple pipe cleaners which never came so at the last minute (after several glued stiff purple yarn fubars) I had to dye my white ones. My phone kicked the bucket so the only camera I have is truly awful and does not capture the colors. But you get the idea!
It is just plain acrylic paints that gives PeepyHarold his blue pjs. and a bit of painted toothpick is his crayon.

18 Likes

What a great idea! I love the imagination you used to execute it!

1 Like

Great idea that is so cute. I love that show.

1 Like

wait, it was a SHOW?? sheesh, I am old. never knew. but then again I have not had tv for 40 years

I completed my March project! Alas, it is for a swap being mailed today, so I will need to wait a bit longer to post it here. :wink:

2 Likes

This. And it keeps happening-- all sorts of classic children’s books have been recast into cartoons. Rosemary Wells’s Max & Ruby books, Jack Ezra Keats’ series about Peter… I still think Winnie the Pooh is a book, and that’s been a cartoon since I was a kid.

2 Likes

Wow! We’ve already finished Q1 of 2021! The heck? I always enjoy catching up with this thread and just now was no exception!

11 is my favorite number, so I enjoy it’s multiples, too, and I completed 33 projects at the end of March. This makes me happy! I added a few projects over the last couple of days to my list including the first for April, but I think I’m going to be slowing down a bit for April. I have the impetus to start with the spring cleaning this weekend AND I have a bigger project that needs to be finished before the end of the month. Hoo boy!

3 Likes

I love browsing through everyone’s lists…

I really want to sew some things but I am sort of out of ideas as to what to make…I might spend some time this weekend going through my Pinterest account to see what catches my eye…

2 Likes

I haven’t had an Easter Bonnet since I was 9!

I snagged a brand new hat at the thrift shop for three bucks last week then this morning added some embroidered flowers I’ve had on hand for some years.
It feels so good to treat myself to something pretty.

Granted, I have nowhere to wear it except at home, but I’m pleased to have it!

13 Likes

Cute! I find having something new & cheerful to wear cheers me up even when I don’t have anywhere to wear it. :green_heart:

3 Likes

Turned out really cute!

1 Like

This is SO creative! I also loved that book (and did not know it was a show)! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I haven’t been doing a ton of anything. But I did get ambitious and made this hoodie last week during my long weekend.

I used the Game Time Hoodie pattern from Ellie and Mac. The fabric is from a run that Twisted Needle Textiles did last year. Well the bats I bought at joanns a couple years ago and I finally got the nerve to make something with it.

12 Likes

I finished spinning up my pound of BFL. I overdyed the green with blue and green, and it made for a darker, less eye-searing color. The last bit, I left undyed. I’m going to use it to make an amigurumi for my DS2… there’s a pattern I want to try out (while I wait for the wool to be delivered for making the same toy for my grandniece) and he did help me dye some of the wool.

9 Likes

I think I have the reverse-color of those bats sitting in a pile of fabric I keep not getting around to cutting up. (That’s a fun hoodie pattern, too!)

1 Like

It’s so easy to just keep saving a piece for the right project.

1 Like

You did a great job on this!! I love the use of the different fabrics!

1 Like

Thank you! The pattern worked well to do it.

1 Like