50 Projects, More or Less, 2021

Welcome, @T.K! Your drawings are wonderful! It must be difficult to find any time for yourself with little ones, but when you get a chance, show off your projects! Also love that you are doing things with the kids…

I all of a sudden want a fruit hammock…actually, it would work to hold all of my little stuffies for me to see while working!

Love the colors in the afghan…

and, I didn’t notice it before, but is that a little cross on the book pendant? It is lovely and meaningful…

2 Likes

Thank you! I didn’t intend it to be a cross, but I suppose it is. That’s how it’s kept closed. There’s a silver loop on the opposite cover that slides through a hole in the leather, then the little wire dagger/cross slides through the loop. The dagger/cross is a twisted and hammered bit of silver wire.

2 Likes

I forgot about posting a picture! I need to get some better pictures too. But last week I finally got my butt in gear and made this sweater that I’ve been wanting. My parents and I rewatched Great British Bake Off and in season 8 Noel wore a sweater with a smiley. And I become obsessed with that sweater. I found it online and saw it was like $1000 and went nope. I used an Ellie and Mac pattern to make the sweater. I had a ton of fun making it and am super happy with how it turned out.

10 Likes

Cute sweater, @poetrylover828! It’s so sunny and cheerful, and I love the color blocking.

Yesterday was my DS1’s birthday, and I made a couple little things for him.

He has been asking for a face mask for sleeping. He keeps his night light on really bright, but it disturbs his sleep. Rather than turn it down, he wanted a mask. :joy: I had some yellow cotton sateen in my stash, and improvised a mask. He slept in it last night, so I think it’s a hit.

He also got a new bike for his birthday. Because of a mishap last year, with him trying to carry something while riding his bike, I figure he needed a good-sized bag for his bike. This is the pattern I used, modified to have velcro loops for his handle bars and an adjustable strap. The outer fabric is outdoor upholstery fabric, to repel the weather and the kids’ shenanigans.

12 Likes

Great mask! And that bike bag is a great idea, and well executed!

1 Like

I really love that bike bag, it looks fabulous!

1 Like

I love that you made it with two different fabrics. They work so well together. Is the smiley face made out of a bias tape chenille?

Your clothes making skills are quite impressive!

2 Likes

Cute bike bag! A kid can carry lots of things in there! Looks quite sturdy as well…

My sister and her husband swear by their sleep masks! Nice job! Sleep is important!

1 Like

Thank you! I used chenille it for the smiley! It needs another wash or two to be super fuzzy but I’m really happy with how it turned out. I actually haven’t made too much with clothing so I was really proud of how this turned out. I did the two fabrics because the shirt I based it off of was also in two different fabrics.

2 Likes

I love your iconic sweater! Great job…and wow…look at how much money you “saved”…

1 Like

Thank you! Yeah I think I’m down to try making my own version anytime something is $1000 :laughing:

6 Likes

Hi @T.K, it’s lovely to see your art! I’ve been encouraging my sister to spend time on Lettuce Craft too, it’s a wonderful, inspiring place. I try to do something arty every day too, but I don’t always manage to do it.

Your drawings are great (I especially like Baby Yoda!) - I hope you’ll share some more art projects on the Art board sometime :grinning:

Everyone’s projects are so fab! Nice work on the super happy sweater @poetrylover828! That bike bag is so cool @tendstowardschaos!

4 Likes

We are nearing the one quarter mark of 2021…is everyone where they want to be in doing their projects? Have you given up on some projects? I know I have! Have you learned new skills and now want to make more? I have…I want to make lots of masterboards!

3 Likes

I’m feeling good about my projects so far! I am about to hit 30 which feels on target for a typical year for me. Reliable weather is coming which means those couple-few bigger projects that I have as “goals” are also coming. I don’t think I will hit 100 this year as those will take quite a bit more time.

Not yet! Or I don’t think so. If I have they are ones I didn’t start and my brain has helped me by forgetting them entirely. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I just started playing with a new medium using some “old” tools (and one new one) that I am kind of excited about exploring more later.

1 Like

I feel i’m doing alright with my projects as I keep choosing longer time requiring things like sweaters and blankets. I have a few quicker-to-do things on the list coming up so that will be satisfying.

1 Like

I keep skipping over things I need to do, like make new curtains for our studio, etc. Also, some projects that I tried and did not like need to be scratched off…I am not ever going to like cross stitching much…so the 11 pieces I was going to do…er…not doing!

Smart! Precious crafting time shouldnt be squandered on “rather not do”s!

I am probably just going to scale down and maybe do a section of the larger pieces…I like working smaller…I don’t have the patience for huge projects unless I can break them down…

I think I’m going to join this challenge albeit a little late. Please bear with me if I get the photo sizes wrong at first. I have been making toys, activities and decorations at my lab preschool lately so I’ll start with that!

Outdoor canvas pennant
image ,
class birthday tracker image

11 Likes

Welcome to the 50 projects (more or less) group! Glad to see your projects!

I’ve been plugging away. Last year I counted how many projects each month. This year I’m doing a running tally and I’m somewhere in the 30s, I believe!

2 Likes