A Clowder of Kittens

Getting the idea for the sale from @Dooney and this post: Kitten nuggets, I decided to make a clowder (term for group of cats) for @gozer to sell at a craft sale benefitting Smitty’s Cat Rescue. I made 32 cats and cat beds/cushions using the set of cat eyes I purchased, lots of scrap yarn, and plenty of crocheting.

Here is the little clowder:

Some close ups:

I’m so happy I was able to contribute to such a good cause! A special thanks to Dooney for the idea. :slight_smile:

34 Likes

Aaaaw, they are adorable!
And what a great gesture.

2 Likes

Very cute!

2 Likes

These are so amazing! Thank you so much for this. I know they will sell amazingly because they are so cute! I am going to donate all the sales to the shelter and use my company match to double it. I think these will be the star of my booth.
You are the best! Thank you so much. I thank you, my kitties thank you, and all the kitties still looking for homes thank you!

5 Likes

You both are amazing! It touches me when people use their crafting skills to help…these are just adorable!!

2 Likes

So super sweet!

2 Likes

Awesome job turning out so many for a good cause!

2 Likes

PURRfect!!! What a great thing to do!!

So many good people on here doing good things with one another and for others!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

4 Likes

These are adorable!! What a wonderful, generous project :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Their widdle noses!!!??!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

3 Likes

Adorable! I’m so excited to see how @gozer does with the sale!

3 Likes

Irrisistable! What a great way to help earn money.

3 Likes

These are ADORABLE!! Are the spotted ones (like the one in the third pic) done with two different yarns (I was going to guess variegated, but it seems like you’d end up with much larger spots in that case)? What a great way to contribute!

4 Likes

Yes! Two yarns for a few. They took a lot longer than the others so there are only a few of those. When you’ve for so many to make, time is of utmost importance. :joy:

3 Likes

Completely understandable! I love that you created such a variety!

3 Likes

Squeee! These are… the cat’s pajamas! They’re adorable and what a kind contribution to a great cause!

3 Likes

Oh my goodness I love these little nuggets!!!

3 Likes

Super cute! And heck yeah for crafting for good!

3 Likes

They’re adorable. What a wonderful way to support a cat rescue! (When I first saw the title, I thought it was a ‘chowder of kittens’? Like kitten soup?)

5 Likes

Hahahah! Thanks! Hey we’re fun to make!

2 Likes