A happy avocado

I’ve been embroidering steadily for years, but I haven’t done solid fill stitching in a very long time.

A friend asked me to embroidery an ornament for her avocado obsessed teen. I think I nailed it!

This is embroidered on muslin in a 3"hoop. Such an avocutie! :smiling_face:

24 Likes

Cutie patootie! Love the different textures due to the stitches!

2 Likes

Adorable, kawaii avocado! Those bullion stitches look great.

1 Like

So cute!!

2 Likes

So stinking adorable! Lovely stitching!!

1 Like

Super freakin’ cute!

Well done! Super cute!

1 Like

Cute and delicious! Your fill stitching is so nicely done. It can be so tedious to do, but it yields such a satisfying result.

1 Like

I agree. The repetitive nature of fill work along with keeping a smooth line is soothing, at least for me. I put on some mindless show and turn my brain off.

1 Like

More like avo-cute-o!

2 Likes

I love the little smile! Beautiful stitching!

1 Like

Looks tasty!
…which means it would fit in with this month’s stitchalong theme, the 5 senses.

2 Likes

I haven’t looked at the Stitch Along, so I have no idea how that works.

You stitch something that fits the theme, post a picture, and there’s a random drawing for a prize.
Nobody has posted a stitch yet this month, last day is the 31st.

4 Likes

Thats really nice! And how neat your bullion stitches are!

1 Like

Yes! Thank you @steiconi! The Stitchalong is low-key and easy to jump in and out of when it fits into your life and schedule. We have a new theme and a new prize each month. Monthly winners also get to choose the new theme. The only rule is that your entry has to be a new stitch on theme (they are usually broad and any loose interpretation is accepted). There is no obligation to enter more than once though we hope you will. No pressure @Bajita, but it’s pretty easy and fun and your avocado would be perfect for this month’s theme!

2 Likes

I just posted in the Craftalong. :smile:

2 Likes

Haha. I think I was typing up my monologue while you were off doing it! :laughing: Awesome!!

1 Like

This is really cute!

1 Like

You absolutely nailed it! Such a cute face on it!

1 Like