A Lettuce Craft first cross stitch

This cute little cross stitch pattern was created by @storerboughtcreation and you can find it here:

It’s my first attempt and I discovered a few things along the way

• I needed brighter light by my chair
  • I need new glasses
  • I have a hard time keeping the stitching direction consistent
    But idid enjoy seeing the pattern emerge…even if it took 4 tries to get the head of lettuce started correctly…left/right dyslexia can be challenging.

P.S. Don’t ever look at the back. :see_no_evil:

31 Likes

It turned out great!! It’s such a cute design. Yay for trying out new things!

Are you going to do more?

2 Likes

I think it turned out great!

1 Like

It looks like you did a great job on it. Don’t worry about the back, you can always cover it.

1 Like

It looks great! You’ll get used to stitching all stitches in the same direction. And the right glasses and a bright light make all the difference. My secret is varifocal lenses (:zipper_mouth_face: I’m 30) .

1 Like

It looks wonderful! So this was your first cross stitch ever?!

1 Like

Yes, I have done c-s on embroidery, but the first on aida. So not a complete newbie. It is a little messy up close with the random change in direction and some tension issues. The L is a slightly different color due to grabbing a piece of floss from another projrct. You can’t really tell, but I think it fits the theme well.

6 Likes

Cute one! … and no one checks the back, don’t worry :wink:

2 Likes

Yes I am hooked, but I think I will go for 11 or 12 aida, not 14, ar least until I go for an eye check up. I’m designing patterns in my mind and Illustrator.

2 Likes

Cool! Especially designing your own patterns :grinning:

2 Likes

This is fantastic! Go you for keeping going!

1 Like

I love it!!! I think it looks fantastic! So lovely that @storerboughtcreation was kind enough To share this pattern with us!

2 Likes

This is awesome! I love the bold colors and no one ever needs to know what the back looks like. That’s the creators secret!

1 Like

I love this! Every time I do a cross-stitch project, I forget about how long they take and then regret it halfway through. You may notice the few little things, but no one else looking at it ever will!

Great job on this awesome pattern.

3 Likes

I love it! It’s super cute, and aaaaaaaalmost nifty enough to make me want to cross-stitch again, very briefly… :joy: I feel you on the teeny tiny Aida squares. Turned out beautifully, though, even if there were some snags along the way. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Congrats! Your Lettuce Craft Cross Stitch is one of this week’s featured projects! Way to rock!

2 Likes

Wheeee, thank you. and Thank @storerboughtcreation for the wonderful pattern.

1 Like

WOW! It’s such a great project it’s hard to imagine it’s your first every design. Impressive!

Luckily, we can expect to have full and satisfying lives with partners of our own choosing regardless of the neatness of the backside of our needlework!

1 Like

This will need to be added to the project list. I think it looks great!

This is so cute! I would have thought you were an expert. This is why I needlepoint instead of cross stitch haha, there’s enough pulling and madness without trying to keep all my Xs going the same direction.

And ditto to everyone who says don’t worry about the back. Put some cute little fabric back there and don’t worry about it, haha.

1 Like