A little retro embroidery

This is just a small, quick piece. Iโ€™m thinking about what to make it into, maybe a small pouch or purse?

I have a bag full of old embroidery thread inherited from my aunty and grandma. I also have a favourite old Japanese Ondori book of small designs. This is the result :smile_cat:

The threads are random colours, not my usual faves. So I just picked some to try and Iโ€™m really pleased with how the deep red, coral, and yellow work together.

The Ondori book (from 1981) is really cute and quirky. I especially like how the designs have a hand-drawn aesthetic, theyโ€™re not perfectly symmetrical.

Itโ€™s about 2โ€ x 3โ€, 3 strands of floss (mix of DMC, Anchor, old skeins). Satin, chain, stem stitches on unbleached cotton.

28 Likes

What a pretty design and a great way to use up some threads that arenโ€™t in your normal color wheelhouse!

2 Likes

This is so pretty! The colours you chose are just perfect.

2 Likes

Itโ€™s super pretty and the colors are great

1 Like

Beautiful! I love those colors. Your stitching is wonderful.

1 Like

Very pretty!

1 Like

Your satin stitch is perfection! Love this little stitch. Canโ€™t wait to see what you do with it. I need to be better about using my embroidery pieces.

1 Like

I really, really like this. Itโ€™s a little nostalgic, quite charming, and even a bit cozy-looking.

1 Like

Thank you friends :heart: :sewing_needle:

Really, really cute! Love the color choices!

1 Like

This is darling.

1 Like

This is absolutely beautiful! What a gorgeous piece. The colors work together so well.

1 Like

I missed this the first time around. This is so lovely :heart:

1 Like

Everything about this is so cute and perfect!

1 Like

Ooh, the colors on this are so pleasing. What did you end up making it into?

1 Like

Your stitching is so neat! Love the design too! :orange_heart:

You rock :metal:t2:

1 Like

Thank you lovely people :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I think it might still sitting in my โ€œto be made into somethingโ€ pile! lol - this is a good reminder!!

1 Like

Oooh, I know that pile. :smile:

1 Like