A quartet of ghosts

I have been very busily trying to finish up a Halloween wall quilt, so even though this month’s ‘craft this in your style’ prompt looked like it would be fun to do, I wouldn’t let myself get distracted…

Then I received an email from an embroidery design company that featured a fun ghost and got my creative juices flowing until I couldn’t resist any longer. I used my embroidery software to create this design. My digitizing skills are pretty minimal, but I was able to trace a picture of a ghost door hanger that I have to get the ghost shape and the rest was fairly easy.

Two of the ghosts are stitched on a chunky glitter sheet and the other two are on felt. When I stitched out the ghost holding the golden flags, a lot of the stitches got lost in the glitter. So when I did the silver sparkle flag, I put a piece of water soluble stabilizer on top of both the white glitter and the silver glitter and stitched out the design, then I washed away the stabilizer leaving behind a much nicer stitched design.

I’m planning on putting a safety pin on the back of the silver flagged ghost and the felt ghost with the iridescent letters. I’ll use the glittery ghost as a pin for me and I’ll pin the felt ghost onto my son’s wheelchair strap as a cute Halloweeny touch. I’m thinking of using my Candy Corn Quilt Shoppe reject blocks to make a mug rug and will probably add the other felt ghost to that. As for the golden flag ghost, I don’t have any use for him, so if anybody would like it, just let me know and I’ll send him over to you.

26 Likes

Those are so cool!

2 Likes

What a fun take on the Craft this in your style! I love these guys. I’ll totally do a trade for you for the extra golden flag ghostie! I’ll send you a DM. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Adorable!!!

2 Likes

These are some pretty cute little ghosties!

3 Likes

I love how you adapted this month’s craft this in your style! The sequin ones are just so cool!!

2 Likes

Kwality570 beat me to it, but Im glad its going to a good home. These are so cute! Love the glittery touches, and thanks for joining in on the fun of the Craft this in your Style - and for making it so crafty!

2 Likes

Cutie ghosts

1 Like

Thank you all! These were a lot of fun to create and then stitch out!

They are so perfect!

1 Like

:jack_o_lantern: :spider_web: :vampire: Congratulations! This ghoul-tastic project is featured this week! :vampire: :spider_web: :jack_o_lantern:

1 Like

Thank you, I feel very honored! :blush:

1 Like

These are so cute!

1 Like

not sure how I missed seeing this quartet earlier, but GREAT JOB!!

1 Like