A Slew of Baby Sweaters

Somehow my husband’s small software company has 5 babies being born between January and April of this year, including our daughter due in April. (In a company of just 30 employees, this seems like a large ratio of people at one time!)

After making our little Godzilla one of these sweaters, I decided to stash bust some yarn from my stash to make one for each of the other babies. The yarn is Lion Brand Heartland, a nice soft acrylic that wears well. The yarn came from stash, so the only thing I had to buy was the buttons. The pattern is called the Essential Baby Sweater, and is a free download. It’s a fast and easy project.

This first one is for little Charlie Grey who was born on January 6th.

The red one is for the little boy due in February.

And these two, the gold and charcoal sweaters, are for a set of twin boys due in March.

I have them all wrapped up, and now I just need to send them into work with my husband to give to his coworkers.

29 Likes

Ack! What a cute cuddle pile they make all together in the pic! I hope you get to see pics of the other bebes wearing theirs and we get to see pics of Godzilla in hers when the time comes!

5 Likes

These are so cute, I love the pattern.

It seems that pregnancies clump in companies…is it the water? Or is it the white elephant gift that kept being re-gifted year after year only to have the recipient or spouse get pregnant. Someone finally burned the darned thing. It was a carving of a fish.

6 Likes

These are all so cute! I love the coordination of the twin sweaters!

1 Like

These are ADORABLE! Thanks for the pattern. I make tons of afghans but sometimes ladies wait until the last minute to even tell you they are preggers. This will make for a great quick gift!

2 Likes

This is so true! We never had just ONE person pregnant at a time in our company. If someone announced, I stopped drinking the water immediately! Not this time. :laughing:

But in all seriousness, these are awesome! I’m sure they will be very loved and appreciated. :heart:

3 Likes

These are so cute! I am sure you will get lots of adorable pics of the babies in these. I think that making a gray one for Charlie Grey is awesome.

2 Likes

They’re so precious!

1 Like

This is just cute as a button…see what I did there? You mentioned buttons…

Oh, a pic of all those sweet babes sporting such stylish clothes would be epic!

1 Like

Adorable. I love the little twinsie boy sweaters the best. All of the babies are going to be so dapper. How great that you created these with stash yarn. Always a plus.

1 Like

So cute! Agree it would be fun to arrange a photo session of all the babies wearing their sweaters.

1 Like

Those are just the sweetest.

1 Like

Super cute, and I also want a group picture of all the babies with their sweaters! That would be so adorable :heart:

1 Like

So cute … 4 boys and your daughter, that would make an adorable photo.

1 Like

These are all adorable. The twins’ set is too cute. Handmade baby cardigans are the best!

1 Like

I agree-a photo session is in order!

1 Like

Oh, so cute ! I wanna make babyclothes again, but dont have a baby around.
You did a very good job !

1 Like

Hmmm… sounds like SOME people were NOT social distancing! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: The sweaters are so cute (Grey for Charlie Grey- perfect!!) and I agree with the notion that a baby photo shoot (or even a photo collage) would be awesome!

1 Like

Those are adorable! Thanks for the pattern link, we have a new baby cousin & @MzBee just had a baby girl too.

1 Like