Ada's Bumblebee Birthday Party

LOL. Ada was in a yellow & white striped onesie, with jeans, a black bib, white cardigan, and bumble bee shoes. I wore a black & white striped tee, and had a golden yellow scarf in my hair. I’ll see if I can find pics of her not wrapped in a smock…

I wanted to turn the fruit into flowers like Edible Arrangements, but I ran out of time.

1 Like

LOL I spotted her outfit in the last picture and thought that was rather…well, not a birthday girl’s outfit. I figured it was an eating smock and I was right!

Carved fruit for birthday #2!

Here’s a better pic of her outfit. Someone took off her sweater and drool bib, but you can see the little bee shoes, complete with antennae.

4 Likes

So cute! Also, I’m pretty sure I’ve see bee rain boots for kids out in the world :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

This party looks like… the bee’s knees! So many fun details and all the food and the treats sound delicious, too! What a lucky little honey, Ada is! Anything worth doing is worth overdoing, I say!

1 Like

I love over-the-top, themed kids’ parties, and yours is awesome! That balloon arch-wow! And I love all the treats and decor and even her cute little outfit. So sweet!

1 Like

Meanwhile, this is what it looks like when a balloon filled with gold confetti pops…

2 Likes

I fear that you are going to have a few years of “over the top” themed birthday parties! :rofl: YAY!

The food is amazing…never realized you could do so much in a bee theme…yummy!

Also, love the balloon arch…how great that everyone pitched in…sure looks like it was worth it!

1 Like

I feel like this was a trial run for throwing the LC Midwest Meetup in July. Although our Meetup will probably have less kiddos. There were 7 older kids, between 2-10 years old, who had a blast playing Hide n Seek around the house, with it’s 13 closets, multiple bedrooms, bonus room and two staircases. There’s a closet here we call “Narnia”, that goes to a kid-sized secret room, that I plan to decorate & outfit for Ada and her friends when she’s a bit bigger.

5 Likes

What a cool party! It’s been many moons since I did an over the top party for my kiddos. Yours is spectacular!

1 Like

This looks like an awesome party and all of the food looks delicious!

1 Like

OMG, I wanna go to your Narnia!!!

3 Likes

Aww, what a beautiful first birthday for our sweet girl. Happy 1st birthday big girl!

1 Like

It was a beautifully detailed party!

1 Like

It’s all so special for her first ever bday party, what fun!

1 Like

Love the way you used the theme, it looks fun and elegant! We might be trying some of those recipes soon!

1 Like

Bee shoes!! Do they come in a ladies 8? :heart_eyes:

First birthdays are so fun. And it sure looks like you put together some real memory moments.

1 Like

Wow Jennie, this looks amazing, your attention to detail is outstanding. The cake, the balloon arch, Ada’s outfit. Just wow. I can’t believe she’s a year old already

2 Likes

What an adorably amazing 1st bee-day for Ada!! Not that I expected anything less from you, my friend!! :honeybee: :honey_pot: That cake sounds AMAZING!

1 Like

:dove: A little bird told me that you’re fantastic craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Chirp chirp! :peacock:

2 Likes