(Alma Mater statue on campus. She just looked nice and welcoming for this thread.)
Hello Friends! As has been discussed in the Snapshot Thread, I’ve had to rethink my Meetup plans for 2023, as we moved. The new location will be Urbana-Champaign IL. (Or Champaign-Urbana, or Chambana, or Shampoo Banana. There’s no one right way to name the two towns.)
Who is invited: Any LC member who wants to come play.
What: An LC Meetup full of good friends, tasty food, and lots of crafting.
When: July 28-30, 2023
Where: MistressJennie’s house in Champaign, IL. (Part of Urbana-Champaign, IL, two towns that together are home to the University of Illinois.)
Why: Because after a long and difficult pandemic, it’s time to gather with our crafty BFFs once more, with joy in our hearts, and creativity in our veins.
Since I have a young kiddo, I’m going a bit easier on myself for this Meetup. Food will be a mix of homemade meals at my house, and local takeout, with care taken for food allergies & dietary restrictions. We will have some crafting/chatting time/visiting time, a few group activities (like a soap making class or tie dye project), and optional side trips to local craft stores like the Idea Store, which is a craft thrift store (more details below).
I can host some folks to stay over at my new home, but if we have a bigger group, we will find a nearby hotel for people to book additional rooms at. (There are 6 within a 5 minute drive of our new house.)
Rough outline for the schedule of events:
- Afternoon Welcome Party, with snacks & a group craft project (supplies provided)
- Dinner (provided by Jennie - will include a vegan option)
- Dessert & Gift Exchange
- Stitch & Bitch Time or small group exploration of local spots
- Morning: Stitch & Bitch, play some Arch Ravels, etc.
- Lunch (provided by Jennie - Sandwiches, fruit salad, chips, & treats?)
- Afternoon: Group Craft Demo or Class (soap making?) or trip to the Idea Store
- Dinner (ordering take out or going out in smaller groups)
- Pool Party time!
- Make & Take Project (materials provided) and Mimosas
So that’s the rough plan. What do you guys think? Who’s in?