Airmail-themed Zipper Pouch

I’ve been getting back into using sealing wax on things, so recently acquired more wax sticks and seals. One thing I bought was a pack of 20 or so sticks (2 each of 10 or so colors) which came in a box that was not at all friendly to choose the color or even get them in and out. So I decided a pouch to put all the sealing wax and accouterments into was in order. And I had just the fabrics in my stash.

I had thought I would just dig up some navy blue to line it with when I came upon these flannel scraps that really reminded me of the inside of privacy envelopes… YEY!

Finally I remembered I had a pack of laser cut wood embellishments with a travel-theme! I drilled a hole, painted it up, added an enamel heart and used it as a zipper pull.

I didn’t bother with pattern matching at all as I treasure these discontinued Tim Holtz prints and don’t want to waste a centimetre! The airmail stripe is printed at an angle, so the binding tape is not cut on the bias.

It’s all stash and it feels a little use-the-good-stuff-y. Zipper from a very generous member or our community here! Finished size approximately 13" x 8" (33 cm x 20.3 cm).

17 Likes

I love everything about this! All the details are just perfect.

That is such a security envelope print! Brilliant.

1 Like

Beautiful! Perfect use of the stripe print.

Thanks, pals!

The lining and the zipper pull are such unique touches! You really made this pouch special and the bonus is that it is also functional! Well done on putting all the parts together so nicely…that binding is so “airmail”!!

1 Like

Great job! I was looking at this same fabric in my stash today wondering what to use it for (it’s leftover from a bag I made for my dad)

Perfect lining! As always, your fabric choices make me happy. :wink:

1 Like

I like the way it has the zipper on the front. That fabric is great. Its so hard to use discontinued fabrics. Kudos for finding a great project for it.

2 Likes

What a perfect use for those perfect fabrics! It’s like it was all meant to be!

1 Like

Thanks so much, friends!

@AIMR The zipper is one you sent! It helped determine the size of the bag a little.

@Cindy I went back to look again at your bag and I still love it! And I still have at least of the other prints in it. Eep!

2 Likes

Hahaha…love the security envelope lining. The details on this are perfect.

I love every single detail of this!

Thanks, y’all!