ALL NEW, REIMAGINED Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring 2024

You guys have made so many nice projects since my last post! Well done everyone!

I have been in a slump, but Im thinking Im getting out of it, with an organization-project that I have started! Now I want to craft again!
But I have actually done some crafting while in the slump. I have done some knitting and crocheting (basic socks is an easy project, and African Flower was very nice to work on).

Looking forward to participate more active from now on! :smiley:

3 Likes

Prompt/Challenge Title: Hut on the Rock
Project Name & Page Link: My 1st Afghan
Team: Whitch Weekly
Brief Description: I have really been enjoying learning how to crochet. It is so relaxing. It is hard to stop once I get started though… I just keep thinking one more row…or I really want to see the next color change… I decided to learn the linen/moss sticht and made a throw for my living room. It a bit wonky, definetly got my counts off here and there but I love it.

6 Likes

Oooh, it looks so snuggly! You must be so proud to finish a big project like that. I don’t see any wonkiness, but to me, wonky = homemade and full of love. (Much better than perfect and store-bought.)

1 Like

Wow @MistressJennie that quilt is SUPER FREAKIN’ AWESOME!!!

@Trillian your book is lovely! It looks professional!

@Inselaeffchen holy cow what a cool thing! I love how your windows look!

There’s so much cool stuff happening here it’s hard to keep up! I have a few more things to submit too :slight_smile:

Prompt/Challenge Title: Gringotts
Project Name & Page Link: Deathly Hollows Shirt for Obitsu/Nendoroid
Team: Quibbler
Brief Description I’ve been hoarding this fabric for a long time and finally cut into it! Granted it only took a wee bit, lol! Wow, I should have lint rollered it before pics. My cats are always helping, Chopper, my chaotic white and orange one in particular!

Prompt/Challenge Title: Forbidden Forest
Project Name & Page Link: Pink SmartDoll Capelet
Brief Description: I feel quite competent at knitting and really enjoyed whipping up this pnk capelet for SmartDoll.

Prompt/Challenge Title: Housecraft - Stash/Scraps
Project Name & Page Link: Green Capelet for SmartDoll
Brief Description I dug into my stash and found some lovely yarn to make another capelet :slight_smile: I do tend to get on a roll when I knit something. Suddenly I need to make several :-/

Prompt/Challenge Title: Crafter’s Choice
Project Name & Page Link: Square Rug for Obitsu/Nendoroid
Brief Description
Another punch needle project I thought I had submitted but don’t seem to have. I trimmed this punch needle project down short to make a fun Nendo rug.

I’m not sure if the following can count or not since it is not a permanent thing… LMK if not and I will take it down. :slight_smile:

Project Name & Page Link: I Spy Bulletin Board
Brief Description I do the monthly BBs at our library and had a ton of fun making this one. Everything is held on with either clear push pins or teacher tac (if lighter.)

I started this draft last week but was having technical difficulties with my photos, so now I’m going to catch up!

5 Likes

Cool doll clothes! Tiny clothes are a challenge, too. I love that shaggy rainbow dollhouse rug. And I certainly think your I Spy BB should count. Bet it was fun for the kiddos!

Prompt/Challenge Title: Paddington Station
Project Name & Page Link: Sunshine & Rainbows Quilt
LC Contest/LC Swap/Charity Item: Donated to the Crafts Stars Garage Sale
Team: Witch Weekly
Brief Description:
This project will be sent in the post to a lucky Lettuce Crafter, after they win it in the eBay auction!

6 Likes

Moonflame- I love those lil’ shrugs. I also love they I Spy Board, I might need to make one for my classroom.
Mistress Jennie- That quilt is gorgeous!

1 Like

That quilt is gorgeous! (As all your quilts are.)

2 Likes

I love the colors in that afghan!

Prompt/Challenge Title: Madam Malkin’s
Project Name & Page Link: Needlefelted Strawberry (part of a magnet set)
Team: :cyclone: :sparkles: :cyclone: The Quibbler :cyclone: :sparkles: :cyclone:
Brief Description: I needlefelted a little strawberry to then make into a magnet.

4 Likes

Prompt/Challenge Title: Slug and Jigger’s
Project Name & Page Link: UV Resin Paw (part of a magnet set)
Team: :cyclone: :sparkles: :cyclone: The Quibbler :cyclone: :sparkles: :cyclone:
Brief Description: I used UV resin (which starts as a liquid) in several layers to create a paw which I then made into a magnet.

2 Likes

Project Name & Page Link: Wood-and-hardware robot (part of a magnet set)
Brief Description: I made a robot magnet out of mostly thrifted wood and some hardware I purchased from the antique store.

4 Likes

I love your magnets, @irid3sc3nt! That robot is especially cool.

1 Like

Love the robot! My grandfather used to make similar ones out of odds and ends from his workshop.

1 Like

Promt/Challenge Title: Hogwarts Castle
Project Name & Page Link: Janne’s birthday scarf Birthday scarf on a Cricket Loom
Team: Which Broomstick
Brief Description: Made a scarf for my mums boyfriend.For me, a new medium that I have never tried before, and I can say that Im hooked.

6 Likes

Gorgeous scarf!

1 Like

Prompt/Challenge Title: Privet Drive
Project Name & Page Link: Classic Favorite Washcloth
Team: Witch Weekly
Brief Description: I am in a craft slump. Life is trying right now, winter has been long… (boring whinging blah blah blah life blah you get the idea). This equally boring wash cloth is as mundane as they come- but the yarn is cheery and it has now been completely used up. I’ll take that win.

6 Likes

irid3sc3nt I love your little strawberry!
skrutt that scarf is amazing, great color choices and pattern.
AntBee I get the whole slump, hopefully crafting the lil’ projects like your cute washcloth with help kick you out of it.

2 Likes

Prompt/Challenge Title: Hogsmeade Station
Project Name & Page Link: Pinwheel Magnets from Recycled Cans
LC Contest/LC Swap/Charity Item: GALentine’s Swap
Team: Daily Prophet
Brief Description: These measure about 1x3 inches, so they are tiny! I’m so pleased that they actually spin when you blow on them.

Prompt/Challenge Title: Gringott’s
Project Name & Page Link: Upcycled Upholstery Sample Crossbody Bag
LC Contest/LC Swap/Charity Item: Make-a-Bag-and-Fill-It Swap
Brief Description: The travel-themed upholstery sample that is the focal point of this bag has been in my stash for a number of years. I have always thought of it as “the good stuff” but never got around to making it into the spectacular bag I knew it was destined to be. Finally did it!

Project Name & Page Link: Mountains and Woodland Banner /Bunting
LC Contest/LC Swap/Charity Item: Charity Item for Cunningham Children’s Home Fundraising Event
Brief Description: A local charity has an annual quilt show and craft sale, and I usually donate a few things every year. Hope this cheery banner brings a smile to the face of a parent and child.
IMG_4946

6 Likes

Project Name & Page Link: Three Wrist Wraps for Charity Event
LC Contest/LC Swap/Charity Item: Charity Item for Cunningham Children’s Home Fundraising Event
Brief Description: Made a few wrist wraps to donate to the cause.

5 Likes