ALL NEW, REIMAGINED Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring 2024

Thanks!

Floor of craft room is cleared. Next week we clean off the big table and probably inside the cubbies and closet, time permitting.

5 Likes

tendstowardschaos I am very impressed with how well lined up the lines are in your jacket!

1 Like

Thanks! I tried very hard to make sure the fabric was properly aligned before cutting. I usually work in solids so I don’t have to be so meticulous, lol.

@endymion - I love the crocheted dragon!

@plaidpineapple - wonderful crochet - the border for your afghan looks great!

@irid3sc3nt - nice phone holder!

@Trillian - your tiny dresses are so cute!

@tendstowardschaos - I love making crochet bowls & baskets - most of my family members have been gifted at least one! The jacket is awesome and I love the Musselburgh hats you’ve made!

3 Likes

Prompt/Challenge Title: Crafter’s Choice
Project Name & Page Link: Crochet Fish Hats
Team: The Quibbler
Brief Description: I bought this mandala yarn on sale to make fish hats with a while ago and finally got around to making them! I used this crochet fish hat pattern (Ravelry link).

Prompt/Challenge Title: The Cupboard Under the Stairs
Project Name & Page Link: Scrappy Blanket Squares
LC Contest/LC Swap/Charity Item: Charity item for local yarnworkers group
Team: The Quibbler
Brief Description: These 8 blanket squares were made from miscellaneous balls of yarn donated to my local yarnworkers group. I volunteered to make them into squares and someone else will mix them with other donated squares to make blankets! I used several Polly Plum patterns to make them:
Top row: Johnny (Ravelry link), Harold (Ravelry link)
Middle row: June (Ravelry link), Ilsa (Ravelry link), George (Ravelry link)
Bottom row: Sally (Ravelry link), Rick(Ravelry link), Victor

6 Likes

Your Afghan squares are gorgeous! They make for such cheerful blankets. And your hats are too cute! Hats that look like they’re eating your head are just my kind of whimsical even if I don’t think I could quite pull off that look (I’ve wanted to make and octopus hat for soooooo long, lol).

2 Likes

Those blanket squares are gorgeous!

1 Like

@jellybean , your hats are hilarious, but also beautifully colored at the same time. and your blanket squares are lovely.

Sorry guys, I both got crazy busy with Ada’s birthday, but also somehow turned off ‘Watching’ this thread sometime in the last two weeks. I turn off lots of threads, because as a mod, I need to watch lots of things here, but can’t get too tangled up in reply posts. But I’ve never accidentally turned off the HPC before! I promise to do a points update soon.

5 Likes

No worries, you have a lot on your plate!

Project Name & Page Link: Lemon Sandwich Cookies for Charity Event
LC Contest/LC Swap/Charity Item: Charity Item for Cunningham Children’s Home Fundraising Event
Team: Daily Prophet
Brief Description:
Had fun making and packaging these for a charity bake sale. I tried to do the slice-and-bake cookies like a polyclay cane, but it didn’t work very well. The idea was for them to look like lemon slices. Oh, well! They still taste good.

Project Name & Page Link: Portuguese Sweet Bread (Massa Sovada) for Charity Event
LC Contest/LC Swap/Charity Item: Charity Item for Cunningham Children’s Home Fundraising Event
Brief Description:
I love this sweet egg bread. The recipe makes two round loaves, so I donated one and kept the other. It’s a yeast bread, so a bit more complicated than most of my kitchen projects. But well worth it!

Project Name & Page Link: Rosemary Thyme Cheese Bread for Charity Event
Brief Description:
These cheesy mini-loaves feature fresh herbs and grated onion. Yummy!
IMG_5495

Project Name & Page Link: Orange Cardamom Olive Oil Cake for Charity Event
Brief Description:
My niece discovered this recipe online and then tweaked it (including adding orange liqueur). It has a wonderful flavor and isn’t super sweet.

6 Likes

You’ve been busy! These all look fabulous. I wish I lived closer!

1 Like

These all look amazing! We came home with an apple pie, friendship bread, ginger cookies, shortbread, and jam thumbprints.

3 Likes

I almost snagged some friendship bread, then decided on peach bread instead. Your quilt looked great!

3 Likes

Everything looks delicious!

2 Likes

Everything looks so good!

2 Likes

And here I am eating breakfast looking at these delicious bakes…

2 Likes

Prompt/Challenge Title: The Black Lake
Project Name & Page Link: Spring Stripes Maxi Shirtdress
Brief Description: This dress required many, many steps in its creation. From modifying the pattern, to cutting out the pieces, to pinning, stitching, pressing, trimming, to sewing on the final button…it took a week to complete.

7 Likes

Wonderful dress!

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like