Scrappy Blanket Squares

I crocheted blanket squares from miscellaneous balls of yarn!

I used a few colors from my stash, but these are mostly made from random balls of yarn that someone donated to my local yarnworkers group. I volunteered to make them into blanket squares, and then someone else will mix them with other donated squares to make blankets!

The initial pile of yarn in my yarn bowl:

I used an H hook (5 mm) for all of the squares and the yarn seemed to be mostly worsted weight. Iโ€™ve had Polly Plumโ€™s Lovestruck Collection (ravelry link) in my library for a while, so this seemed like a good project to try out more of the patterns from it! Each of the blocks in the collection is 9" with an optional border to make it 12". I needed 10" squares, so I made the 9" blocks and added rows to bring them up to 10".

The finished squares:

(Victor pattern)

(June pattern, Ravelry link)

(George pattern, Ravelry link)

(Ilsa pattern, Ravelry link)

(Rick pattern, Ravelry link)

(Harold pattern, Ravelry link)

(Johnny pattern, Ravelry link)

(Sally pattern, Ravelry link)

17 Likes

I love them, you chose the colors so well! (That is a skill I donโ€™t feel I have.)
It was a great way to try out some squares without having to make a life-time commitment to them if you wanted to wander off to other patterns. Genius.

2 Likes

Lovely! They look like Moroccan tiles!

3 Likes

Thank you! :smiley: I was having a bit of a hard time coordinating colors by the end, so Iโ€™m glad they look ok!

1 Like

Gorgeous! I zoomed in to see every delicious detail!

1 Like

Beautiful! #s 1 and 6 are my favs.

1 Like

The patterns and your mix of yarns (with what you had!) is fabulous! Each one is a little piece of crochet art! That is going to make such an interesting and colorful blanket!

1 Like

These are so cheery and comforting-looking.

1 Like

Jaw dropped

1 Like

Beautiful and so vibrant!! Itโ€™s hard to pick a fave.

1 Like

Just stunning!

1 Like

Oh my gosh! These are so fun!

2 Likes

Those of you who picked favorites, I have no idea how you managed to do that. These are all gorgeous!

2 Likes