ALL NEW, REIMAGINED Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring 2024

Made a pair of earrings for my adult son, and also mended one of his sweaters, but those were pretty quick projects, so they won’t count for points. Gathering supplies to do swap-related crafting this afternoon.

3 Likes

I think my 50 projects list will fit with this craftalong. I like how the prompts were crafted. I’ve read through the first post probably five times!
I’m not a big Harry Potter fan, but I enjoyed reading the books and watching the movies. Prisoner of Azkaban was my fav.
So… I think I’ll join?

7 Likes

Heck yeah! Welcome to the HPC @irid3sc3nt!

2 Likes

Prompt/Challenge Title: King’s Cross Station
Team: Which Broom
Brief Description: I have crafted a little thing for my bestie. He needs a mugrug, with some bright pink in it! :smiley:

Prompt/Challenge Title: The Black Lake
Brief Description: This little piece had lots of steps. Sew, iron, sew, iron again… No pattern used, just making things up as I went. This is for one of my brothers.

Prompt/Challenge Title: Crafter’s choise
Brief Description: The houses was from a round robin years ago (I have made 3 in this wall hanging), and they have been laying of a shelf for all this time. Now I decided to make a wall hanging of them, and Im quite pleased with how it turned out!
(Please let me know if it wont count since the houses have been a UFO for quite some time)

6 Likes

I love the houses with the adorable animal buttons! So sweet!

2 Likes

Prompt/Challenge Title: Gringott’s
Project Name & Page Link: Easter Socks
Team: Daily Prophet
Brief Description: This luxurious (and colorful) yarn was a real splurge, but the colors called to me. but, I needed a cheerful project for the darkest days of the year.

Prompt/Challenge Title: Eeylops Owl Emporium
Project Name & Page Link: A Hood for the Doggo
Team: Daily Prophet
Brief Description: It has been bitterly cold, and my sweet doggo doesn’t have the warmest of fur coats. He has extra coats, but nothing to protect his head and neck from the chill. Potty breaks are very quick these days. However, he was not at all pleased to have something over his ears. Working on a cowl, now, lol.

7 Likes

The socks looks great! So colorful and nice!
And yeah, doggo doesnt look really pleased, but good to protect his ears and neck!

1 Like

He let us put it on a few times, but he’s decided to be done with it (except as a toy). It didn’t help that DS1 was laughing hysterically when he took this picture. :joy:

1 Like

Aaw, poor doggo! Being laughed at. Its not easy being a dog. :sweat_smile: But maybe a cowl will work better for him :smiley:

1 Like

Oh, look at the little face! Such a great expression.
I love the colorful yarn for those socks!

1 Like

Yay, thank you!
I think my two IP projects will count when they are finished. I didn’t start them until January.

1 Like

@skrutt comes out swinging! Look at you taking the quilt world by by storm.

@tendstowardschaos, Oh the poor sweet doggo! I want to pet him and tell him everything will be okay.

3 Likes

He’s okay. :joy: He was not traumatized by the hat or the child’s giggling. He actually gave me the sweetest cuddles when I first tried it on him like he understood that I had knitted it just for him…he just melted into my lap and did his happy snorts.

6 Likes

We haven’t done a card exchange in awhile. Would anyone be interested in an HPC Valentine’s Day Card Exchange? It would not be a swap, so you would not need to send handmade cards. They can totally be store bought if you wish. And as it’s not a swap, if you sign up, then life gets in the way and you don’t send, nothing bad will happen.

2 Likes

I’d be interested!

1 Like

Prompt/Challenge Title: Hogwarts Castle
Project Name & Page Link: Cups & Saucers Block and Rainy Day Block
Team: Witch Weekly
Brief Description: There are always many steps in creating a quilt block. Cutting, piecing, cutting again, more piecing, ironing, trimming, and final assembling. Yet somehow I love it. I created these two blocks to help me tie together some BOM’s from the Quiltalong, to make the quilt feel more cohesive. There was too much yellow-green, and not enough golden yellow, so I did one in each color.
Cups and Saucers

Rainy Day Block

Prompt/Challenge Title: Hospital Wing
Project Name & Page Link: Mosaic Block and Barrister’s Block
Team: Witch Weekly
Brief Description: The mosaic block is going into the same quilt as those above, but the Barrister’s Block is going into my Halloween quilt. I found the Mosaic very simple, and the Barrister’s slightly more challenging. But since I’m competent in quilting, I was able to write up some tips on making it for our newer quilters in the Quiltalong.
Mosaic Block

Barrister’s Block

6 Likes

So pretty and precise! I’m not sure I could make a quilt block. I have on my 50 project list to make one for my ma for a pillow, but… I dunno. So much ironing! :sweat_smile:

My latch hook kit is almost finished, I’ll be able to add it soon! I’ll look at categories again and see if it fits.

I do have a question:
I was thinking of using Hogwarts Castle for my latchkit because I had to re-learn how to do one. I totally forgot. The last time I did one was in the late 1980s/early 90s when I was very very young and I don’t think I finished it.
If not, I’ll probably put it under crafter’s choice.

That sounds like a great fit to me. :slightly_smiling_face: And just for future reference, I don’t really judge whether something fits or doesn’t fit a prompt. Really it’s all up to you, and if you feel it fits. Because you have the option of Crafter’s Choice, there’s literally always a space for any project. It’s just where you feel it belongs. :heart: :zap:

2 Likes

Hee hee! I was trying to remember what Crafter’s Choice was called and all I could think was Wizard’s Choice, lol.
I’m excited to have my first project on the board!