ALL NEW, REIMAGINED Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring 2024

You reminded me that I have a mini kit that my friend purchased for me! Thank you, I’m adding it to my project list. I don’t think it’s as big as the ones you have made here!

1 Like

@Moonflame, your little Soot Sprite is adorable!

Also, my little Sprite still fits in your sweater and insists on putting it on whenever she sees it.

5 Likes

I need another craft like I need a hole in the head, but the car coasters are so cute but useful! Surely punch needle is in the latch hook camp of “enough people have forgotten how to do it that I can pick up old kits cheap on ebay”, right?

3 Likes

Love the cute, floofy coasters! Those kits are amazing.

1 Like

The coasters & your mini bakery are really cute! I love the little Totoro! :smiley:

1 Like

Prompt/Challenge Title: The Zoo
Project Name & Page Link: Junk Journal Secret Notes
Team: Daily Prophet
Brief Description: These secret notes for my junk journals were constructed with glue that dries clear, but the notes also disappear into the card.

7 Likes

These are so neat!

1 Like

Thanks!

I finally have something to share!

Prompt/Challenge Title: Hut-on-the-Rock
Project Name & Page Link: (2023 Reading Stats Journal Pages)
Brief Description: This isn’t exactly an over-the-top project but it was really fiddly and kind of rough around the edges. At one point to speed up the process I gave up on penciling things in first and just went in with pen. That wasn’t the best idea I’ve ever had, so there’s more scribbles and penciled corrections in the margins than I would like. But done is better than perfect so it’s at a point I am pretty pleased with and I can now move on to whatever iteration my reading stats take in 2024.

7 Likes

Thanks everyone! @MistressJennie I can’t believe your little sprite can still get into that. She’s ADORABLE. Thank you for sharing that pic. It made my day! :face_holding_back_tears:

@tendstowardschaos Those are SO COOL! Really fun idea, and I love the papers you used!

@Trillian Your reading log is #goals for me! So much detail and so cute! I love all the stats. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hello Everyone!

I found my way back!!

Not sure how much crafting I will post as I have some chronic mojo loss/life exhaustion which causes less energy to craft since 2022.

But I will try. :slight_smile: Happy to be in either of the teams, if you need to even out numbers?

4 Likes

Welcome back!

2 Likes

Welcome! Even if you make one thing this year, you accomplished it and that’s great!

2 Likes

Welcome back Kat! It’s great to see you here.

:slightly_smiling_face: :heart: :zap:

1 Like

:sparkles: :unicorn: :beers: :owl: :zap: :broom: :mage: :sparkles: :european_castle: :octopus: :zap: :books: :crystal_ball: :sparkles: :unicorn: :beers: :owl: :zap: :broom: :mage: :sparkles: :european_castle: :octopus: :zap: :books: :crystal_ball: :sparkles:

Let’s take a look at where we stand as we close out the first month of our reimagined HPC…

:woman_mage: Witch Weekly :mage: :crystal_ball: :man_mage:
1 Reader, with 50 Beans, for an average of 50 Beans per reader.

:newspaper_roll: Daily Prophet :newspaper_roll: :owl: :newspaper_roll:
3 Reader, with 50 Beans, for an average of 16.66 Beans per reader.

:cyclone: The Quibbler :cyclone: :sparkles: :cyclone:
3 Readers, with 130 Beans, for an average of 43.33 Beans per reader.

:cloud: Which Broomstick
1 Reader, with 30 Beans, for an average of 30 Beans per reader.

:sparkles: :unicorn: :beers: :owl: :zap: :broom: :mage: :sparkles: :european_castle: :octopus: :zap: :books: :crystal_ball: :sparkles: :unicorn: :beers: :owl: :zap: :broom: :mage: :sparkles: :european_castle: :octopus: :zap: :books: :crystal_ball: :sparkles:

What are you guys working on now? Any Valentine crafts in the making?

I had hoped to piece my next quilt top today, but Ada didn’t nap long enough. I just managed to cut the sashing pieces.

5 Likes

I have my extra small GALentine craft finished and I’m finishing up the six cards. I’ll move on to my next set of valentine cards, about fifteen total for the second group.

I have a scarf to start knitting in the evenings, I just need to dig out my cable needle.

2 Likes

I’m working on a stash project: heart granny square purse. It’s slow going because I also don’t get much uninterrupted crafting time. I finished the 4 squares and assembled them to the base. Now to work on a lining and then add the handles and any embellishments. Fingers crossed it’s done by the 14th so it can be used on the most appropriate day of the year for it. : )

3 Likes

This is an awesome way to keep track of your reading stats!

1 Like

Currently working on items for bag swap.
Finished GALentines swap items on Monday.

Prompt/Challenge Title: Minister for Magic Mission
Project Name & Page Link: Block Printed GALentines
Brief Description: Used the Lino press I got for Christmas to make cards for the GALentines swap (let me know if this doesn’t count as a surprise item.) Blurred for my swap partners.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture before I sealed them up, so these are the leftover “bad ones”.

6 Likes

I’m slowly working through my pile of WIPs. I started a knit hat and I pulled out my happypotamus WIP to work on in February - finding the notebook with my notes was the hardest part. :laughing:

2 Likes