ALL NEW, REIMAGINED Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring 2024

@endymion Thank you! The pattern is really good, which helps a ton. The hardest part for me was just paying attention to all the counting and not messing that up. :stuck_out_tongue:

@MistressJennie I’m always blown away by your quilts. I have done 1 twin size quilt and that was quite enough for me apart from an art quilt. I am just not good at the precision it takes, but I super admire people who can do it!

I love your little Totoro!

The coasters are so cute!

And your mittens! They turned out so good! I did the same with a pair of mittens. Only made a simple pair, and wanted to buy some nice yarn for mittens for myself. With a colorwork pattern of course. It took me three years, but Im so glad for them. And if I had known from the start I would have never done them!
I think sometimes its good we just go for it, even if it takes some time. :smiley:

3 Likes

So nice to donate to charity! The kids must be so happy! They are lovely quilts!

(And I really like this Challenge you have that we must comment on other projects, it makes the whole thread much more alive I think. I like that.)

3 Likes

@Moonflame - Your mittens are amazing! Colorwork is so cool!

@MistressJennie - There are going to be so many happy kids! Your quilts are beautiful!

1 Like

@Moonflame - Those mitts are so cool! Good job on keeping the same gauge after all that time. The few times I’ve let a paired project linger for so long they came out two different sizes.

@MistressJennie - Awesome quilts! I’m sure that created a lot of space in your stash. I have a quilt top I made ages ago for that charity but I’m intimidated to actually quilt it. Yours may be just the inspiration I need.

2 Likes

Do the projects have to have been completed after January 10? I made some things toward the end of the year; I’m wondering if I can count those, or if I should just start with things I crafted after 1/10/24.

1 Like

Generally speaking it’s for projects created after the start date. Exceptions include swap items that couldn’t be revealed until after receipt and maybe if your project was started prior but you still did over 30 minutes of active work on it after the start date.

@MistressJennie can correct me (obviously lol) of it is changing for this round.

2 Likes

If you’ve finished it in the last 30 days or so, I’m fine with it. The rule that it should be created after the start date is mostly to keep newbies (new to the site overall) from posting things they made 8 years ago, just to rack up tons of points. Those folks are few and far between, and don’t usually stick around long, but they have been known to happen.

3 Likes

Loving the new format, and positively swooning over @Moonflame Hufflepuff mittens!

1 Like

Glad to see you @fishstix43!

1 Like

Prompt/Challenge Title: Privet Drive
Project Name & Page Link: Black/Grey Basket
Team: The Quibbler
Brief Description: Some of my socks were taking over the top of my dresser, so I made a basket to keep them in one spot. I based it on this pattern, but made it smaller and folded the sides over to make it sturdier. Not the most interesting project, but necessary! :grin:

5 Likes

Perfect Privet Drive submission!

1 Like

I love your little basket! And may I say, what a good idea to have a sock basket on the dresser. My socks seem to gather there, too!

1 Like

Prompt/Challenge Title: Slug & Jiggers
Project Name & Page Link: Monkey Ice Cream
Team: Daily Prophet (seems okay for Book 1)
Brief Description: Ice cream recipes use liquids, so this seemed appropriate for Slug & Jiggers. It turned out quite tasty!

4 Likes

Looks delicious!

1 Like

Great basket, @jellybean! My stray socks are currently occupying a cardboard box, but your basket is a far classier receptacle.

Homemade ice cream is such a treat! My DH was just saying the other day that he would love for me to make some again (we were cleaning out the pantry and relocated the ice cream maker). It looks really yummy, @endymion.

3 Likes

We’re off to a great start this term, so let’s look at what’s happening.

Ministry Bean Counter’s Update!

:sparkles: :unicorn: :beers: :owl: :zap: :broom: :mage: :sparkles: :european_castle: :octopus: :zap: :books: :crystal_ball: :sparkles: :unicorn: :beers: :owl: :zap: :broom: :mage: :sparkles: :european_castle: :octopus: :zap: :books: :crystal_ball: :sparkles:

:woman_mage: Witch Weekly :mage: :crystal_ball: :man_mage:
1 Reader, with 30 Beans, for an average of 30 Beans per reader.

:newspaper_roll: Daily Prophet :newspaper_roll: :owl: :newspaper_roll:
1 Reader, with 10 Beans, for an average of 10 Beans per reader.

:cyclone: The Quibbler :cyclone: :sparkles: :cyclone:
2 Readers, with 40 Beans, for an average of 20 Beans per reader.

:cloud: Which Broomstick
0 Reader, with 0 Beans, for an avearge of 0 Beans per reader.

:sparkles: :unicorn: :beers: :owl: :zap: :broom: :mage: :sparkles: :european_castle: :octopus: :zap: :books: :crystal_ball: :sparkles: :unicorn: :beers: :owl: :zap: :broom: :mage: :sparkles: :european_castle: :octopus: :zap: :books: :crystal_ball: :sparkles:

Now let’s keep the momentum going! What are you all working on today? I’m currently ironing rows of blocks on my Halloween quilt.

4 Likes

I’m slogging through a slow afternoon on the job wishing I was home working on my reading journal or continuing to shovel out tidy my craft space.

3 Likes

Made a pair of earrings for my adult son, and also mended one of his sweaters, but those were pretty quick projects, so they won’t count for points. Gathering supplies to do swap-related crafting this afternoon.

3 Likes