Aloha shirt, “Get Ahead of the Holidays Challenge Entry”

Hubby loves his party shirts, and I haven’t made him a new one in ages, so Merry Christmas, baby!

I had only two yards of this fabric, and the pattern called for 2-3/8, but challenges make life worth living! They always tell you to buy more than you need, right? (I could have done it in 1-3/4 yards if I didn’t mind the birds being sideways on sleeves and collar. But that would bug me, so good thing I had plenty.)

The buttons were among hundreds I accumulated last summer, and interfacing was on hand, so all from stash!

18 Likes

Such a great print!

Yes, part of the fun of sewing with stash is forcing…er, making the amount of fabric you have fit!

3 Likes

That shirt is fabulous! The print is so much fun, and how awesome that it’s all stash!

1 Like

Such a fun shirt! I’m amazed you were able to keep all the birds upright, etc. when you had less fabric than the pattern said you needed. Hubby is sure to love it!

1 Like

What a fun and funky shirt! I love that it was all stash, too. No one would ever guess that any “compromises” were made.

1 Like

This is great! What a fun shirt.

1 Like

Fantastic print and excellent sewing. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Lucky hubs - that’s a great pattern and you did an amazing job with the limited amount of fabric you had on hand!

1 Like

This fabric is great! I bet he will love this! And I’m impressed at how you squeezed it out of so little fabric!

1 Like

That fabric is incredible, wow. What a shirt!

1 Like

Heeheehee, I just showed the picture to my husband, his first question was, “how much is it?”
I told him somebody made it, so he asked, “Where did they get the fabric?”
I think he’ll be happy on christmas.

1 Like

My nephew would LOVE this. He collects Hawaiian shirts.

2 Likes