Alvin gets a Shrine

A few years ago, I made a couple of shrines with a Halloween theme for my two black cats, Spud and Rocket. Well, we got another black kitten a month ago, so I thought I better make him one as well.
We named him Alvin after Alvin the Chipmunk, who was always getting in trouble… :laughing:

Here it is hanging with the other two above my desk.

Thanks for looking…plenty of time to make more Halloween stuff as well!

28 Likes

Awwwww, kitties!

2 Likes

I love the lacy look of Alvin’s shrine, and it works so well together with the others! Do you cut the shapes out of cardstock then glue it to the front of a shadowbox…?

2 Likes

This is a purr-fect tribute to your new kitty…“Alvin”, what a great name!

2 Likes

Thanks!

I bought the cut outs from Alpha Stamps. They are made of sturdy cardboard and were easy to paint and glue together. I believe the black cat silhouettes and the border trims were also from Alpha Stamps.

The gemstones have been in my stash for probably 10 years…they still stick! ha ha

2 Likes

Very cute! Love the Halloween vibe as well.

1 Like

Those are fantastic! What a fun idea. I’m glad you showed them all together, very cool little display.

2 Likes

These shrines are wonderful. I love how they are different, yet work together. And the light backgrounds make the black cats pop. Everything about them is great, the font for the names, the placement of the gems. You have a real eye for it.
Also, love the name Alvin. I can just hear you yelling at him when he gets into mischief!
PS - Black cats rock!

2 Likes

Which is quite often… :laughing:

2 Likes

This is wonderful! He’s already got quite the reputation with that name! The collection together is just awesome.

2 Likes

Welcome, Alvin! You’re in for a great life now!

I love Alvin’s shrine and all of them, individually and together.

2 Likes

Alvin’s shrine looks amazing! It’s really beautiful!

1 Like

:spider_web: :jack_o_lantern: :black_cat: Congratulations! Your delightful spooky Alvin Shrine is a Featured Project this week! :black_cat: :jack_o_lantern: :spider_web:

1 Like

aww…thanks…Alvin loves attention! :black_cat: :hearts:

1 Like

I love it! Alphastamps is top five in my list of places to find great “stuff” for crafting… I think I have those cat silhouettes in one of my Halloween supply drawers!

I used to get their monthly packages, but I could not keep up! I have had those cats for a few years and only started using up some of the other packages.

That’s why I am excited about the Chunky House swap…I have some ideas on what I can use! :wink:

1 Like

Congrats!
Your collection is wonderful!
Using lace as a the background is really cool.

1 Like

Great idea, but it is actually paper that came with my monthly subscription at Alpha Stamps. I’ve copied laces before but thought I would just use up some stash. Thanks!

love these! such fun little displays for your furry friends
we have a cat nicknamed Spud and my fiance had an Alvin himself!

1 Like

These look so very great together! I love them so much. What a lovely tribute!!!

1 Like