Americana Musselburghs - Get Ahead of the Holidays Challenge Entry

I wanted to knit Musselburgh hats for my boys this Christmas, and I let them pick the colorways. They might not be surprised, but at least I know they’ll like the hats well enough to wear them.

Winters are pretty harsh around here, so a double-thick wool hat comes in handy. And this particular pattern is a pleasant knit. It’s fun to make them reversible, too!

All the yarn is Hobbii Unicorn Sock solids, and was really nice to work with. It’s very soft and consistent.

18 Likes

They turned out so nice! I have the pattern bookmarked as it looks like a relaxing knit! Reversible is a bonus!

1 Like

I love the stripes with that blue! These look both warm and fashionable. I’m always so impressed by your knitting skills. Beautiful work!

1 Like

How fabulous are these? Beautiful work and all finished with plenty of time to spare! Well done, you!

1 Like

If you didn’t tell me these were hand knit, I wouldn’t have guessed it. They are so perfect, I would have assumed they were machine made. (I truly mean that as a compliment!) Beautifully done my friend!

3 Likes

So versatile and cozy looking! I am sure your kiddos will wear them a lot and be warm.

1 Like

Thank you all so much! I really love the look of fine-gauge knits.

4 Likes

Captain America and Where’s Waldo :smiley:

3 Likes

Yeah, DS1 wanted Stan from South Park and DS2 wants American Flag (I told him no way am I doing color work stars, and he will have to settle for the field of blue). Of course, DS2 also wants matching socks, sweater, mittens, scarf, etc. I’m flattered, really. :joy: But, the best I can do is the matching sweater for now.

5 Likes

Amazing, fine knitting. What skills you have! The hats look fabulous.

1 Like

Thank you!

I also have this pattern on my to-try list. Your knits look so fantastic. Love this latest pair!

2 Likes

I love that they are reversible! The striped one looks like it would be challenging to make. Both are very neat.

2 Likes

Thanks! The stripes weren’t too bad…I just carried the yarn on the back. I’m not sure I did it the right way, but it works.

These are perfect! I’m in awe of your knitting skills.

1 Like

Thank you!