Animal Crossing Cake

At my household, we’ve been playing Animal Crossing quite a bit lately… so my son asked for an Animal Crossing cake for his birthday.

He wanted several specific things, including the character Isabell, fishing.

Here is a breakdown of materials:
Tree: rice krispy treats with fondant leaves and fruit and candy clay trunk.
Fence posts: fondant
Balloon: candy clay
Gift: fondant with candy clay ribbon and fondant bow
Butterfly: fondant
Log: candy clay with fondant leaf
Isabell: fondant
River: piping gel
Fish: fondant
Character faces: Color flow transfers
Grass: fondant with triangles stenciled on with icing
Flowers: fondant

This cake was delivered to my son way late; I’m not sure I have what it takes to make these kind of cakes any more.

CERTAINLY not my best work! It bothers me that the things are not “to scale”, but at this point I’m just glad it’s done and tastes good!

16 Likes

This is amazing!! My son would totally flip for it, I bet yours did, too!! So much detail!

Not your best work is 100x better than mine. :laughing: Fantastic!

2 Likes

Whether or not it’s to scale, it’s flippin’ amazing!

2 Likes

This is incredible and edible! LOL! I have never heard of candy clay before. How is it different from fondant? Isabell looks amazing. All the details. This is jaw dropping!

1 Like

That came out awesome! Well done.

2 Likes

How adorable! Happy birthday to your son.

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone! @gozer, candy clay is different than fondant. You make it with candy melts, mixed with some corn syrup. (You can make it with chocolate, also, in which case it’s called modeling chocolate.)

It is pliable when warm, but sets up like candy melts do when chilled or at room temperature. It’s a little harder to work with than fondant, but a bit sturdier (at least, when kept in an air-conditioned environment - not good for outdoor summer events.)

Fondant, on the other hand, is just a sugar mixture that includes gelatin, glucose or corn syrup, and softeners like glycerin.

1 Like

Wow. I’m so impressed! I’m sure he’ll remember this cake forever.

1 Like

This is awesome and a cake that’ll be remembered.

1 Like

What a stupendous cake! You have added amazing detail to it…the little design in the grass is spot on. Big love for your cake!

Spoiler Alert: Isabelle caught a sea bass. :fishing_pole_and_fish:

1 Like

This is phenomenal!!! I have never done a cake so pretty! I’ve done some fairly intense cakes (well, intense for me, anyway) but nothing this spectacular! WOWWWW!!

1 Like

Adorable!

1 Like

I think you totally nailed it. Awesome cake!

1 Like

This is incredible! I’m so impressed you did the grass design. I love the peach tree with the little bell bag under it!

1 Like

Wow, great job!! :birthday: :slight_smile:

1 Like