Another whale at sunset (mixed media)

Today at art hive I decided to make another whale at sunset.

This time I used watercolour pencils for the water and sky. The sun is cut from the cover of a watercolour paper pad. The whale is from cardstock and pages from an old magazine. I added some water splashes with tissue paper. I may add more tissue paper to this eventually.

15 Likes

It’s so cool that you are pushing further with your experimentation in this image. The colors are so vivid on this version!

2 Likes

So colorful! Experimentation is the best teacher, I think. You seem to be discovering your unique art style and that’s awesome!

2 Likes

Your whales are amazing. I think making the water all tissue paper would add a really cool visual effect with the texture of the water vs the sky vs the whale. Very cool!

2 Likes

It’s fun to see your different whales and the experimenting you’re doing. I think adding more tissue paper would be a great addition! It would make the water more textured like the whale and add more variety to the piece and create more flow. I can’t wait to see more!

1 Like

I really like the combination of mediums! The collaged whale truly jumps off the watercolor background. I especially like your use of text pages for the whale, that’s a mixed media technique that I’ve always appreciated and admired.

1 Like

:tada: :dizzy: Congratulations! This spectacular project is featured this week! :dizzy: :tada:

1 Like

Thank you so much :heart_eyes: that’s an honour :heart:

The more I experiment with art, the more I lean towards mixed media. Because with mixed media, I can do all the things lol

1 Like

I love this!