Any other adult color...ers?....ists?

I know I’m way behind the curve, but I got into adult coloring right at the beginning of COVID, which obviously worked out well. LC is my main crafty home, so just wanted to see if anyone else is still into this, hear about favorite books, supplies, etc. If there are a bunch of us, I could look at starting a craftalong, but didn’t want to put the cart before the horse. :grin:

6 Likes

I color a bit while on the phone working.

I got these colored pencils on Amazon a couple years ago and I quite like them. So many colors and they blend pretty well, too! Not as good as Prismacolor but for $20 they were an excellent bargain!

7 Likes

I love the idea but I am so bad about doing it. It is relaxing! I have some good coloring books too. You should start a craft along. I bet people would join in. It might be the thing to get me back into it.

1 Like

I have definitely done some conference call coloring this year, for sure! Nice find on the pencils, too!

It is very relaxing, for sure! I am almost the opposite - I have definitely felt bad in the past because I’m coloring so much, instead of doing “real” crafts. I’ll have to look at some of the other craftalongs and see how people set them up, then!

1 Like

There’s no such thing as a “real” craft, what would colouring be, “unreal”? It looks pretty real to me! I spend quite a bit of time doing cross stitch and even though I’m not creating anything completely new, there’s no need to be ashamed of it! We craft because it makes us happy. Sometimes we’re in the mood for this, sometimes we’re in the mood for that.

3 Likes

I love coloring, but I need to be careful not to get lost in a large section or I end up giving myself an eyestrain headache. So I tend to work on quarter sheets or bookmarks, or watercolor post-cards and things like that.

2 Likes

Heh… maybe we need an unreal craftalong :laughing:

I colour sometimes. My colouring books last a long time because I’m rarely in the mood for it. But when I am, I really enjoy it.

3 Likes

Craftalong started here: Adult Coloring Craftalong

:slight_smile: